|Archive 1: Sep 2007 - Feb 2010|
- 1 Ulrich- Really a Good Follower?
- 2 Changing Knight of the Nine followers
- 3 Claude Maric
- 4 Lost /Misplaced Followers
- 5 Horse
- 6 Lost Followers
- 7 Won't pick up weapons
- 8 Notes on Amusei
- 9 As a Follower
- 10 Followers wont fight?
- 11 Missing Followers
- 12 Trying to equip Jauffre
- 13 Battlehorn Castle Man-at-arms losing their reverse-trade armor/items?
- 14 Maximum number of followers
- 15 Creatures
- 16 Group photo wanted.
- 17 Ushnar's Skinned Hound
- 18 Can't get knights of the nine to follow me
- 19 lost brotherhood murderer
- 20 How many followers can follow you?
- 21 Equipping bow and and arrows
- 22 Creating New Followers
- 23 Followers moving
- 24 Cloning Followers
- 25 Follower Faction?
- 26 The dialogue " Follow me" doesn't show.
- 27 Followers Losing Interest in the Fight
- 28 Can Followers Equip Weapons And Armor?
- 29 What affects a followers inclination to assist you against the guards?
Ulrich- Really a Good Follower?
When Ulrich follows you, he becomes killable, and his death will end the quest, and he cannot be told to wait. So is he really a useful follower? Also, if Allies for Bruma is done, doesn't Ulrich stop following you and head off towards Bruma?--Arch-Mage MattTalk 19:46, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- Ulrich is listed here not because he's a "good" follower, but because he follows the player at some point during the game. --GKtalk2me 23:21, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
Changing Knight of the Nine followers
After I finishing the Knight of the Nines questline, I know you can choose one of the knights to follow you. I know that you can also tell one to follow you, and then tell him to resume his/her duties, and proceed to choose another follower. Can you also do this if your original follower dies and is replaced by the generic version? Can you tell the generic knight to resume his/her duties and then pick up another original knight instead? Thanks! Celestine 06:58, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
He actually does not follow you- he follows Umbacano- who follows you. I tested this by pushing Umbacano off of Dive Rock (:0) when he was following me, and then Claude Jumped off after him.--Arch-Mage MattTalk 15:47, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
- True, but as you said, having Umbacano following you effectively makes Claude a follower too. --SerCenKing Talk 15:53, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
- Yes but this could warrent a note because if Umbacano flees, is demorilized, or just gets stuck somewhere Claude will stick by him.--Arch-Mage MattTalk 15:55, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
Lost /Misplaced Followers
So followers respawn or wander off if they are in a respawing area, but what about non-respawn zones? I seem to have left a female Dark Brotherhood murderer somewhere and I can't remember where. Waiting three days, resaving, does not bring them back.
Is there a way to track them down again?
(probably stuck behind a door. I had this happen with Erthor who I needed for a quest. You can also try highlighting their quest, if applicable, and using the map marker to track them. This only sometimes works though.)
If I buy a second horse, will my follower use it? I like to explore the map, but I don't want to lose her (a mage apprentace) if she can't keep up. Also, do they always resspawn after three days, of just if they are waiting or dead?--Zefiewings 01:14, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- no i don't think they will use it because it's your horse...not theres.and your other question yes they will. that is unless your game is like mine where i killed the adoreing fan...and he never respwaned. but don't worry about that;)--GUM!!! 01:19, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not positive you understood the seconed question, so I'm going to reword it. Please forgive me if you did understand. What I am tring to ask is, will my follower just respawn, even while she is following me. That is, will she always be a different character every three days? (even if she looks the same). It might be silly, but I always play "in character", and I wanted my new follwer to be my character's friend, it would be sad if she keeps respawning.--Zefiewings 01:33, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- oh no they won't dissapeer they'll stay with you...and keep following you....even if your sleeping....XD--GUM!!! 01:37, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
I had the Jemane brothers following me to help fight in a few other quests. I think I told them to wait somewhere but now forget where I put them. Any ideas as to how i get them back without having to go way back in my saved games?— Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 31 May 2010
Won't pick up weapons
I have the Jermaine brothers following me for an extended period, and while Reynald has been good enough about picking up new weapons when his break, his brother refuses to pick any up and is now just using his fists. Could this be an encumbrance issue? If I try pickpocketing his broken equipment, what is the likelihood he'll equip new stuff again? I'm only level 7 so the permanent bound weapons is beyond my ability at the moment220.127.116.11 21:34, 2 June 2010 (UTC)Juwel
Notes on Amusei
As a Follower
I managed to keep him as a permanent follower during Lost Histories. I'm sure of the following: his "wait" command won't cause him to wait, or change his movement at all. I suppose it becomes broken once you exit the castle. Also, he will not fight anything. Also I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems he might spawn beside you if he gets too far behind. I say this because he doesnt reliably follow.. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk)
- Amusei has one of the more interesting AI packages in the game. It's likely that there are some glitches in the following instructions. He never fights anything because his aggression is 0. If he is attacked, he will run away. He will spawn next to you if you fast travel or use the "wait" command. Vesna 03:18, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- It is not just likely, it is a fact. I have followed him on his travels all over Cyrodiil and his Aggression makes him behave exactly like you described, Vesna. He never attacks anything and practically ignores all the wildlife attacking him. The moment he is hit by something, he will flee in wild panic and will often seek shelter inside any nearby ruins/caves ect etc. Not the worlds most useful follower! --Krusty 04:02, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
Followers wont fight?
Okay, I was doing a Rebellion roleplay, and got some followers, specifically Erthor, the Jermaines, and a Battlehorn man at arms. For some reason, they absolutely refuse to fight with me When I attack guards, Save Gulibert and the Man at arms. Is there any way I can make them enter combat with me, Or can you suggest a better follower for this purpose? 22.214.171.124 06:19, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- everyone you listed has a high responsiblity therefore will not fight guards or civilians (unless provoked) along side with you. Now if you were to raise their disposition (either through persuasion or Charming) to around 60 or so they would help you. Otherwise the only Ideal follower for that purpose would be the Dark Brotherhood Murderer. ---F.O.C--- — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 18:10 on 25 September 2010
- I am also confused by this, why is it when guards are attacking me, people from the mages guild (that I am part of) will attack the guards with me, yet followers such as battlehorn man at arms will attack ME. They both have high dispositions towards me and presumably high responsibility. dtm 11:50, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
I believe that the list of followers is incomplete. I started the quest called 'Whom Gods Annoy' and got to the point where I am supposed to return it to Darkfathom cave. The four everscamps then followed me out the door and now continue to follow me everywhere I go save the Shivering Isles, They also respawn, but so far the only fighting I've done with them is 'The Ghost Ship of Anvil,' and I had a Mage Apprentice plus a Dark Brotherhood Murderer with me as well. Since the ship was crouded I could not see if the scamps fought, but I do know that they respawn. All in all, I believe the four Everscamps should be added to the list of followers. Don't know how to sign so here it goes: C 4 General F — Unsigned comment by C 4 General F (talk • contribs) at 19:23 on February 25, 2011
- The Everscamps are noted at Whom Gods Annoy and Everscamp. They are not followers in the sense of this page becasue they are Creatures, rather than NPCs. --DKong27 Talk Cont 01:59, 26 February 2011 (UTC)
Trying to equip Jauffre
He has the dai-katana that he comes with equipped on his back, yet when I reverse pickpocket a bound sword, even an enchanted one, he refuses to equip it. This is even after fast traveling, entering a dungeon, waiting, and fighting people. Am I doing something wrong? dtm 21:02, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
From my experiences, he should instantly wield the best sword the moment he gets it (the moment you reverse pick pocket the bound sword). He chooses what is considered the best. If you don't want him using the katana, I would take him somewhere secluded and spam disintegrate weapon on him until he drops his current weapon hes wielding. Then you could just drop any weapon on the ground (even a staff) and he should pick it up (ONLY if he doesn't have any other weapon in his inventory even if they are 0% health). --VampirePlayer 08:00, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
Battlehorn Castle Man-at-arms losing their reverse-trade armor/items?
Anyone else having this problem? Basically what happens is after I am out and about doing quests/exploring and such I come back to the castle and they are all back in their normal gear. I had them all in Black Hoods and full Daedric armor, I also gave torches to each one of them for when they patrol outside at night. Does anyone know why the armor disappears? Could it have something to do with the bound armor being unenchanted? Or that I summon more on myself to make more rather than duplicate it? — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 20:53 on 30 March 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed that! I think it may be due to them leveling though, so... Unless anyone knows why, I'd take it as its because their equiptment is leveling - Emoboy64 21:02, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
- Update: So, to clearify more. I give them a Torch, full enchanted daedric armor and a black enchanted hood. They wear it for a while and then all of asudden their inventory resets. They lose the armor, torch and hood. Does anyone know why this happens? Do they have a reseting container/inventory? Someone with PC version that could find this out through the construction set or something would be appreciated :D --184.108.40.206 18:10, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
It seems that respawning followers have respawning inventory lists that essentially deletes items you give them using reverse pickpocket known followers affected include men-at-arms and DB murderer but should be expected to include mage apprentice and knight of the nine more testing required. Datacaust 05:54, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- There is a conversation on Oblivion talk:NPCs from 2007 about this. NPC's that respawn have their inventories reset if you are out of their cell for more than 72 hours, or something like that. Since this will probably only get noticed in the case of respawning followers, I recommend adding a note to the equipping your followers section of this page about this happening. So that people don't continue bringing this up. Datacaust 03:17, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- I was testing this with a variety of respawning followers and they respawned while following me after I fast travelled sometime later (Im assuming 72 hours). I suppose it's logical now that I think about it, that a respawning NPC would behave like a respawning container since they are listed on Oblivion:Containers. 220.127.116.11 19:12, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
I have made heaps of tests, but it seems that the only solution is giving them a wait command. All you gotta do is tell them to wait at a location you will remember, (outside of a dungeon, at your house, at a camp, or at their respawning zone) and then picking them up when required. However, if you want to fast travel somewhere, and take them with you, you might as well forget about the equpment, because they will unequip it. You'll just have to travel by horse. This will take some time but I personally enjoy it, because you get to explore the world, fight monsters, get new gear, and thanks for this, I also ran into the quests: zero visibility, and that other quest at roxey inn. I also found some shrines this way. When traveling by horse, don't worry about your followers getting hurt. Unless they are really slow (that can be solved by feather, or fortify speed enchancements) they will outrun most enemies and probably survive. Turning them invisible for the maximum time possible may also help.
I'm new to this wiki, only started playing again because Skyrim is coming up. Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I enjoy writing about the game anyway. As I'm new to this site,I don't know how to sign this so I'll just write it out.
Broxigar 2011 July 24
got an idea, if their inventory respawns every 72 hours, why not (for pc) set the timescale to 0 ore 1 using the console? then their inventory might not respawn. this might solve the respawning containers problem.
Uh...I got a PS3, but if I understood what you said correctly, bbut logically it seems that they would just simply unequip it earlier right? And since YOU guys got console commands, there must be SOMETHING you can do about it right? I mean, being on this wiki, I saw hundreds of geeky ways to solve these problems using console commands. Don't get me wrong, I don't know much about this console thing anyway.
(anybody know how to sign this?) Broxigar 2011 July 25
Maximum number of followers
I am curious about the maximum number of followers that can follow you before the game starts automatically telling the oldest one to go back to the hiring location.--Iamgoofball 22:22, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- "If you have eight followers and try to acquire a ninth, a message will pop up saying "You have too many followers." This will continue to appear every so often, but won't make any difference, and more will continue to follow you." Taken from the "notes" section of this article--Corevette789 23:05, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
Why are we so against creature in this list? We have creature listed for Morrowind, and there's not that many in Oblivion anyway.18.104.22.168 04:54, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- I think it is because this page links from Oblivion:NPCs. However I disagree with this because the Atronach familiars are better followers than some NPC's. Then there is the case of Everscamps and commanded creatures that technically follow you as well. I personally want to rewrite this page to include the familiars and creature followers and separate named and generic followers but don't want to waste my time on something the communtiy may oppose. Datacaust 05:15, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed that Oblivion:Essential NPCs lists essential creatures it also links from Oblivion:NPCs and even has the word NPC in the title. I recommend adding the Atronach Familiars on this list or taking creatures off Oblivion:Essential NPCs just to be consistant. If someone says cool I'll do either. Datacaust 19:40, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
I made a draft of the page on my user. If anyone wants to check it out and throw some opinions, suggestions or help my way. Datacaust 18:02, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Group photo wanted.
I want to put a picture of a character with all possible followers on this page. If anyones interested in this let me know because my picture would be taken by photographing my TV and may not be of the best quality. -Datacaust 19:37, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- That quality would be too poor to use on an article. --Legoless 19:42, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- It's a good TV.. --Datacaust 01:56, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- Using the PC version is the best way to go since you can use Print Screen (You have to enable it in the INI file). You can try using the console version, but make sure the lighting in the room is good so it doesn't look extremely bright/dark. --Pickle 02:03, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- I use Fraps, because the ingame screenshot ability has limitations. Anyway, probably an easier way to achieve this picture is to spawn copies of these followers, instead of having to find them all, and I can imagine the real followers will form this awkward bundle of people if you know what I mean ~ Dwarfmp 03:10, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Ushnar's Skinned Hound
Shouldn't Ushnar's skinned hound be listed?
Can't get knights of the nine to follow me
So, I headed into a goblin cave once with a KotN follower and he died, so I used the createfullactorcopy cheat and get the copy to follow me, but then he died too, so I finished looting the cave by myself. Now for some reason I can't get other Knights to follow me. When I enter dialogue with them it doesn't give me the "come with me" option. Any way to fix this?
lost brotherhood murderer
I was recently in the realm of oblivion with my murderer when suddenly he senses something across a wall that we couldnt get too and all he did was stand there holding his bow and so i just left him to detroy the gate when i got to top of the main tower i waited a couple of days for him to get to the top with me but then i knew he wasnt coming up so i just decided to close the gate guessing he was going to be out of there with me but as the loading screen ended i couldnt see him so i decided to wait a couple more days so then i thought "will he be in the Dark brotherhood sancuary?" so when i got there he wasnt in any part of the sanctuary so i was just "forget him, i'll just get another one" so as i went to go get another one and both of the other 2 both said that they will only follow me when im done with the other family member but he wasnt even with me!?! plz reply and tell me how to get him back.
If you've waited more than 3 days already, and he still doesn't show up (assuming he is set to follow), I think its possible he got stuck in the realm and can never get him back... If he wasn't, he should have spawned next to you if he died. --VampirePlayer 08:03, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
How many followers can follow you?
How many followers can follow the PC? I understand just one of, example, Battlehorn Men-at-Arms, but can you have many different ones follow you, from different factions, simultaneously? Such as for example a Man-at-Arms with a KotN and maybe throw in a Mage Apprentice making three? I am currently not in a position, faction wise, to attempt such a thing, but was forming a strategy for when I get bored with guilds and finish the last 4 or 5 MQ quests. Sn0L3prd 02:59, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
Yes. Though if you also bring a db murderer, he might sometimes get attacked by your other followers. --VampirePlayer 07:45, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
Equipping bow and and arrows
If I reverse pick pocket an enchanted permanent bound bow to a follower with no other weapons, and I shot a few arrows into him so he would have some in his inventory, would he use that bow and shoot those arrows in combat? If he did, would he have an infinite amount of arrows kinda like the brotherhood murderer bowman? --VampirePlayer 07:41, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
- I have tested this with my rallied adoring(annoying) fan, and am happy to say that it does work exactly how you have imagined it.--SuparudeGUI (talk) 02:36, 1 June 2014 (GMT)
Creating New Followers
I was wondering if, through console commands, it is possible to have regular NPC's follow you. I thought it would be greatly amusing to have a clone following me. Just wondering. — Unsigned comment by PanBelacqua (talk • contribs) at 21:22 on 22 October 2011 (GMT)
- Not with the console, but you can do it with the CS if you know how. Or you could use the Command Humanoid spell. --Legoless 20:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Can this be done with anyone? I see no reason why not but...
Could anyone please inform me on how to do so? PanBelacqua 22:03, 27 November 2011 (UTC)
I was trying to position my followers (MG apprentice and DB murderer) in Rosethorn Hall by telling them to wait. But after a day or two they are in different positions, for example, the apprentice was standing next to the second staircase but the next day she was on the ground floor. At first I thought that maybe Eyja was somehow bumping into and pushing them but they do the same thing even if in the third floor where eyja never goes. Does anybody know why this happens or how I can prevent it? Thanks.RIM 20:45, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- In my experience, it isn't possible to prevent it. I have no idea how it happens, but it's a lot more noticeable in Morrowind, as many NPCs never move unless effected by this "drift". --Legoless 23:05, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Huh weird, thanks anyway though. I'm going to try to put paintbrushes around them so they can't move, I doubt it will work but I'll try it anyway.RIM 18:15, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
On the Pc, it is possible to create infinite followers using the placeatme command. The only issue is that you risk savegame bloating.
I was wondering if it would be possible to attain extra followers via the console, and I stumbled upon the thought that, were there a follower faction, you could simply add your selected NPC to the aforementioned faction, and have them follow you. PanBelacqua 21:59, 7 January 2012 (UTC)
The dialogue " Follow me" doesn't show.
I was trying to go back to KoTN at Priory of nine, But I can't seem to get any one of them to follow me? Any idea why? I've been reading all the question and solutions can't seem to find a help for it, I'm lv 8 atm, and I've completed the Umaril quest. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 16:42 on 11 February 2012
- The only thing I can see is if maybe you already have someone following you. Maybe they got stuck somewhere or something? Even if I'm right, I have no idea how you'd work around that. If you're on a PC, I can tell you some Console commands to use that'll tell us more about what's going on. Just respond to this page and I'll tell you what to do. – Robin Hood↝talk 08:26, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
Followers Losing Interest in the Fight
I've noticed with the Jermane brothers and Erthor, in specific, that their disposition must plummet after a certain period of time, and only occasionally in conversation with them is the speechcraft icon available at which time I can up their disposition, and I presume, willingness to fight. In previous games, when I spoke with Guilbert Jermane, his face was frowning and his teeth gritted....Other playthroughs nothing of the sort. Is this because I have accidentally struck them in the midst of combat periodically, or are they simply getting getting fed up with being a follower (over multiple levels and in varied combat locales) Perhaps,this characteristic extends to other followers who have been in you entourage for a certain length of time. I'm quite curious, because after time, I find that the Jermane brothers are always getting in the way of my attacks, as if they want to be struck and tell me "there is a madman on the loose". If I could raise their disposition regularly I believe this would impact willingness to fight. I also have issues with followers picking up weapons I have dropped right at their feet...this is not a perfect game mechanic. Any assessment appreciated. — Unsigned comment by MGSBoca (talk • contribs) at 13:15 on 7 October 2012
Can Followers Equip Weapons And Armor?
Is it possible to get followers to equip weapons and armor, if given to them? And if so, would pickpocketing be the only way to accomplish this on PS3 GOTY Version? (Loner XL (talk) 18:19, 12 August 2015 (UTC))
What affects a followers inclination to assist you against the guards?
I've found that only the DB Murderer, Casthellan Athon, Guilbert Jemane, Mazoga the Orc, Mage Apprentice(ever the cute blonde one)and the Adoring Fan will take on the authorities when I feel the need to partake in strife and calamity. I don't believe it is simply a responsibility rating as the Casthellan with 100 res. has no problem taking up arms against the bellicose guard, nor is it a case of disposition as all of their sentiments are at a perfect 100, save for perhaps Martin and Jauffre, who while I could not delight with them in the speech minigame, still positively beam at me during conversation. It seems the complexities of this game's personalities cannot be fully measured by the numbers appearing on these pages. Perhaps someone could shed some light upon this mystery? Ah Oblivion, never easily figured out are you?(as I type this, a guard has just been slain and Guilbert's mouth is frozen open as if he has just witnessed the most horrible atrocity ha!) MorgothTalk 23:17, 29 January 2016 (CT)