|# of Zones||1|
|Vampires, Hindaril, Undead Enemies|
|1 boss-level Coffin
1 Shortsword of Numbing
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Far east of Bravil, on the north shore of the Panther river (just west of Fort Redwater)|
- You can enter this cave and kill Hindaril even if you have not started the Vampire Cure quest; the Ashes of Hindaril then become a quest-specific item that you are unable to remove from your inventory.
- This cave contains 18 Cairn Bolete plants.
- The exterior is located at coordinates: Tamriel 41, -15
- This location's map marker (M on map) is named Redwater Slough (editor name RedwaterSloughMapMarkerREF). The entrance door is SSE of the marker, 60 feet away.
- 0-1 Mud Crab is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Swamp variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Wilderness Creature (Valley variety) is near the entrance
- 1 Nirnroot is at location N on map
- The following plants can be found near the entrance: 10 Clouded Funnel Cap plants and 2 Foxglove plants
Zone 1: Redwater Slough
Your main target in Redwater Slough is Hindaril who resides in the northern part of the cave. However, the door at D must be unlocked to enter his domain. The key to this door, Redwater Slough Key, is located in the south section of the cave, in the chest at location k. When entering from door Out, you will face a large two-leveled room. The pit does not contain anything of interest, so make your way to the other side and pry open the two chests for some minor loot, then make a running jump onto the coffin clamped to the wall and claim the Shortsword of Numbing (C). Take the tunnel leading east, turn south at the intersection and deal with the undead opponents. Dive into the water and surface in the southeastern room. Take the key from the chest at k and explore the southernmost room for some more loot. Backtrack all the way to door D and follow the tunnel, looting all the chests on your way (green dots on map). In the final room to the north you will encounter Hindaril (Q); when you kill him you will find Ashes of Hindaril instead of regular Vampire Dust on his corpse. Finally, claim the contents of the boss-leveled coffin at B, then backtrack all the way to door Out, leading outside.
- Hindaril (carries Ashes of Hindaril; non-respawning) at location Q on map
- 3-4 Vampires
- 4 Undead Enemies (each 83% probability Undead, 17% Rat)
- 1-2 Slaughterfish
- 1 boss-level Coffin (Vampire variety) at location B on map
- 1 Shortsword of Numbing at C (In the highest open-top coffin on the left side of the room)
- 1 Chest (contains Redwater Slough Key, 10% chance weapon, 10% potion) at k
- 1 Chest 03 (locked)
- 3 Chests 04
- 5 Coffins 01
- The following plants will always be found: 18 Cairn Bolete plants
Doors and Gates: