|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded from lore pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential unrelated lore and other information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
|County Bravil, on Niben Bay
|Shops and Services|
|Guilds and Temples|
Bravil is described as one of the poorest towns in Cyrodiil. Houses are built like shacks, being wooden and stacked upon each other. The Larsius River that runs through the town serves as Bravil's sewers. Because of its location on the bay's shore and the marshes and swamps that surround it, the climate is damp.
The settlement has likely been in existence since at least 1E 1152. It is known that Ayleids once lived in the region before the town was established. The Alessian Army attacked the Ayleids in the First Era, the army being led by the Empress Alessia's centurion Teo Bravillius Tasus. After discovering the Ayleids' ability to use Alteration type magic to defend themselves, Tasus managed to defeat them. Because of his success, the town owes its name to Tasus.
For more information about Bravil, see the lore article.
The Lucky Old Lady Statue
In the square east of Bravil's Great Chapel is a statue called The Lucky Old Lady. Standing in front of the statue and activating it will cast the spell Old Lady's Luck on you, which fortifies luck +10 points for 720 seconds. You can activate this statue as many times per day as you want.
- The spell may be absorbed, replenishing your magicka rather than giving the blessing. If you want to receive the blessing, it is best to deactivate effects. On the other hand, it can be used to advantage by characters with the Atronach birthsign: absorbing the spell will restore your Magicka.
- You can no longer receive the spell's blessing once you complete the Dark Brotherhood questline.
- The book Daughter of the Niben provides some interesting background.
The Castle Gardens
The castle gardens are one of the few aesthetically pleasing locations in Bravil. While most of the town is run-down and ugly, the gardens are quite beautiful; as Dro'shanji will comment: Bravil is perhaps not so nice, but Bravil castle and Bravil castle gardens, they are jewels are they not?
Quests Starting Here
- Caught in the Hunt: Ursanne Loche's husband is missing!
- The Forlorn Watchman: Lay to rest the spirit of a former sailor.
- Through A Nightmare, Darkly: Help Kud-Ei from the Bravil Mages Guild save her missing friend.
- Buying a house in Bravil: Purchase a small house on the far side of the canal in Bravil.
- A Kiss Before Dying: In Bravil lies the home of the Lucky Old Lady and a "lucky" Bosmer, and today fortune shines on both... but only one shines back.
- Whispers of Death: Relay the prayers of the vengeful to ensure their vengeance is fulfilled.
- It's possible to climb over the walls and out the city. See this for details.
- This bug is fixed by version 3.5.0 of the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.