Morrowind talk:Sleepers Awake
Corrected the entry for the prerequisite quest. In the header it said "Report to Caius" was the necessary one, but actually it is the "Antabolis Informant" one - it already says so in the summary entry (I just changed the entry for prerequisite). I tested it and this quest (Sleepers awake) does NOT activate after the "report to caius" quest. -18.104.22.168 02:21, 20 July 2008 (EDT)
- It seems that both the Sleepers and the disturbing dreams will start once you give the Dwemer Puzzle Box to Hasphat Antabolis, specefically at that quest stage. The quest is not technically over on that point, but one can argue that the essential part of the quest was finished, i.e. finding, and returning with, the Dwemer Puzzle Box.
- However, "Prerequisite Quest" does not tell all the conditions that must apply before the quest starts. Just the last quest in a series that needs to be finished first. I'm not sure which quest name to fill in as prerequisite, but the current entry (Antabolis Informant) is not confusing, so I don't mind seeing that one stay.
- I did edit some of the content in the article to better reflect what really is the case. --Timenn < talk > 05:30, 20 July 2008 (EDT)
Supposing you are...
What happens if you are a Dark Elf, can you join them and get a different ending? I doubt this, and I don't have time to find out for myself so if anybody knows. — Unsigned comment by Miles Pulpit (talk • contribs) on 8 March 2009
- To put it simply: no. You would essentially be siding with Dagoth Ur, and there's simply no scripting in the game to support such a thing. –Rpeh•T•C•E• 03:31, 8 March 2009 (EDT)
A1_SleepersAwake index 50 is not present in vanilla game
Sleepers Awake (A1_SleepersAwake) index 50 that finishes the quest is not present in vanilla unmoddied game. Don't know where the poster on the main page got this. Perhaps it's added by some mod. Needs to be mentioned. The final index in unmoddied game for A1_SleepersAwake is 7 and this quest will never be completed, unless you use a mod. WRFan 05:13, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- That entry is added by Tribunal (or Bloodmoon - it's in both). Calliope 12:54, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
You are right, the entry is indeed added by Bloodmoon, just checked in the toolset and it's there. But it's not updated in the game! I have both Tribunal and Bloodmoon installed. I killed Dagoth Ur, talked to Azura, talked afterwards to Vivec and this quest still stays active! So what do I have to do to complete this quest? WRFan 19:19, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- Should be right after the final cutscene, when you can pick of the ring. You need to have loaded the actual .esm files in order for that to work though.
- Though it can possibly be a difference with versions. Do you have the GOTY edition? I have. --Timenn-<talk> 21:25, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
Yes, I have the Goty edition (German version, but I don't think it matters). All 3 esms are loaded - morrowind.esm, tribunal.esm, bloodmoon.esm. I talked to Azura, the Citadels of the 6th House Quest was set to completed, but not the Sleepers Awake quest. I modified the AzuraEnd script and added
journal A1_SleepersAwake 50
right after the line
journal C3_DestroyDagoth 50
so now the Sleepers Awake quest is ended as soon as I talk to Azura. I think Bethesda forgot to add the new journal entry update to the AzuraEnd script. So although the new journal entry is there, it's never set, unless you do it manually through the console. Can anybody actually confirm that the quest is set to completed in an unmoddied GOTY edition after you talk to Azura? WRFan 22:57, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- That's exactly how it is for me. The journal A1_SleepersAwake 50 line is already there for me, right after journal C3_DestroyDagoth 50.
- I believed I checked this as well with and without Bloodmoon.esm loaded, but I'll run some more tests, I can't do that at this moment. --Timenn-<talk> 08:38, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
"Bug (Tribunal, Bloodmoon and patch v.1.6.1820 installed): It seems that sometimes you can increase your reputation each time you speak about Sixth House with people you awoke. It worked with Neldris Llervu in Suran but doesn't worked with Dralas Gilu in Pelagiad." Jplatinum16 22:21, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's true, but it only works with Neldris Llervu, see that article for the details. I've added a bug note to this article as well. --Timenn-<talk> 13:13, 26 November 2009 (UTC)
Forced dialog from awakened sleepers
I can understand the forcing into dialog when the sleepers are under Ur's control, but why is it that I am still getting forced into dialog when at night and walking near sleepers that have been awakened by taking out the local Sixth House base? Is it just a left over from the more aggressive state that sleepers start in when doing the main quests that wasn't turned off when they were awakened, or does it have more to do with the fact that I shut down the local Sixth House bases before the broadcast even started? Also, does this situation ever stop, like by completing the main quest and defeating Ur? It's just kind of annoying to be running through a town and suddenly stopped and forced into dialog again and again where the person just repeats the same line about it being like waking up from a dream. --Dragos Drakkar (talk) 01:19, 15 August 2016 (UTC)