|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Ask Caius Cosades in Balmora for orders.
- Talk with Hasphat Antabolis in the Fighters Guild.
- Bring Hasphat a Dwemer puzzle box from the Dwemer ruins of Arkngthand northeast of Moonmoth Legion Fort.
- Receive the notes for Caius from Hasphat upon returning the puzzle box.
- Return to Caius Cosades.
- (Optional) Speak with Hasphat again to get the key which opens the lower levels of Arkngthand.
Your first task from Caius is to talk to Hasphat Antabolis about the Nerevarine and Sixth House cults. Antabolis can be found in the training room on the lower floor of the Balmora Fighters Guild in the center of town. However, he wants a favor before he gives you the information. All you have to do is obtain a Dwemer puzzle box from a local ruin called Arkngthand.
Travel to Arkngthand
- Leave Balmora from the southern entrance, and head east.
- You will reach a fork in the road around Moonmoth Legion Fort, which has three roads to choose from. Head northeast towards Molag Mar.
- If you have chosen the correct path, you will soon approach an ancient Dwemer bridge crossing Foyada Mamaea. Snowy Granius, a bandit, waylays travelers on the bridge.
- Shortly after the end of the bridge, you will see a Dwemer ruin on your right. This is Arkngthand. Turn the crank handle, and proceed inside.
Ruins of Arkngthand
At the bottom level of the ruins are two bandits, Frink Ruuz and Surus Velvus. To find the puzzle box, face west, toward the three doors leading to Weepingbell Hall. Above those doors is a ledge, accessible by a ramp made of rocks. Climb the ramp and enter the door to the Cells of Hollow Hand, on your left. The puzzle box is on the shelves, which is on the left when you enter the room. However, the boss of the bandits, Boss Crito, is also in there. Once you have taken the puzzle box, you can return to Hasphat. You can also continue to explore the ruins but it has no bearing on the quest.
Return to Hasphat
Returning the puzzle box to Hasphat will get you the information that Caius requested. Hasphat says that Sharn gra-Muzgob would be a good person to talk to for more information. Return to Caius and deliver the information to him.
- Receiving this quest unlocks the topic Morrowind History. Caius (or any Savant) will give you the book A Short History of Morrowind when talked to about it. If you talk to Hasphat about it he will give you the book On Morrowind.
- If you return to Hasphat later, he will give you a key for use on the lower levels of Arkngthand, (in case you don't have a good Security skill or Open spell). The key can be used to open a locked (level 32) door from Heaven's Gallery into Land's Blood Gallery.
- Nothing will prevent you from reading the information given to you by Hasphat Antabolis. However, Dorisa Darvel does not actually stock any of the books listed.
- After returning the puzzle box to Hasphat, you can talk to him about Dwemer then Dwemer Sites to mark the Nchuleftingth and Mzuleft ruins on your map. If his disposition is sufficiently high, you can then talk to him about Nchuleftingth to obtain a letter of introduction that you can give to Senilias Cadiusus.
- The Dwemer Puzzle Box cannot be retrieved prior to being sent to the ruin by Hasphat; the puzzle box's infobox will simply flicker if you attempt to do so. However, if you open your inventory, you can pick up the puzzle box using the cursor.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Antabolis Informant (A1_2_AntabolisInformant)
||The Spymaster has sent me to talk to Hasphat Antabolis at the Balmora Fighters Guild. I'm to ask him what he knows about the Nerevarine secret cult and the Sixth House secret cult, and return to report to the Spymaster. First I'll have to do some favor for Antabolis, then he'll give me the information that the Spymaster wants.
||I need to do a favor for Hasphat Antabolis before he'll tell me what I need to know. I'm to go to a Dwemer ruin nearby called Arkngthand. I'm supposed to find a little cube with a circular design and some symbols on one side. He called it a "Dwemer puzzle box'. When I bring the cube back to Antabolis, he'll tell me what I need to know.
||I found the Dwemer puzzle box Hasphat Antabolis told me to find. Now I'll take it to him, and in return, he'll tell me what I need to know about the Nerevarine secret cult and the Sixth House secret cult.
||I gave Hasphat Antabolis the Dwemer puzzle box, and now he says he'll tell me what I need to know about the Nerevarine secret cult and the Sixth House secret cult. He also said the inscriptions on the box seem to be the directions for setting a Dwemer key to open a specific lock. When I've delivered my report to Caius, he said come back, and maybe he'll have a key I can take back to Arkngthand.
||Hasphat Antabolis gave me notes on the Sixth House to deliver to Caius Cosades.
||I gave Caius Cosades the notes from Hasphat Antabolis, and Caius seemed well-enough pleased with them. However, now he has something else for me to do.
||Hasphat Antabolis gave me a Dwemer key that may be useful in the Arkngthand ruins.