|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Skink-in-Tree's-Shade at the Mage's Guild in Wolverine Hall for duties.
- Go to Yakin (or another area with an Ash Ghoul).
- Soultrap and kill an Ash Ghoul.
- Return to Skink-in-Tree's-Shade.
Once you've reached the rank of Wizard, Skink-in-Tree's-Shade in the Wolverine Hall Mage's Guild wants you to get an Ash Ghoul soul for him to research. He gives you a pair of grand soulgems and a pair of Scrolls of Fphyggi's Gem-Feeder for your task, and suggests checking in Yakin, a Sixth House cavern northwest of Tel Aruhn, just west of Sadrith Mora on the mainland coast.
Soul of an Ash Ghoul
The Ash Ghoul is a tough opponent that has a long nose and casts spells. Be sure you cast a Soultrap spell or use the scrolls Skink gave you in order to capture the soul, otherwise you might be searching a long while for another Ghoul to trap. If you've completed the Catch a Spy quest, you can also use Soul Drinker to trap the soul.
Once the soul is trapped, return to Skink to be rewarded with the usual increase in Disposition. If you only used one of the given grand soulgems, you get to keep the other. However, you must use a grand gem-- you can't trap an Ash Ghoul in any smaller soulgem.
- WARNING: You can permanently lose Azura's Star if you have an Ash Ghoul in it, even if you also have a grand soulgem with a ghoul soul. Skink will pick Azura's Star over the grand soul gem. He will not have Azura's Star in his inventory after he takes it, so killing or pickpocketing him is of no use.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Soul of an Ash Ghoul (MG_SoulGem2)
||Skink-in-Tree's-Shade asked me to get the soul of an Ash Ghoul. Skink told me the nearest Ash Ghoul was in Yakin, but any Ash Ghoul will do. Yakin is on the mainland just northwest of Tel Aruhn. From Tel Aruhn, I just need to swim or fly across one island and then continue northwest.
||I delivered the soul of an Ash Ghoul to Skink-in-Tree's-Shade.