Morrowind:Rent and Taxes
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Odral Helvi to learn your next assignment.
- Travel to the Ascadian Isles to collect the debt (to complete for Helvi) or Vivec to report this matter (to help Curio).
- Speak to either the farmers or Crassius Curio/Rovone Arvel
- Either kill the farmers, take Corky, or get the gold.
- If you have Corky, sell him to Drulene Falen
- Return to Odral Helvi.
Odral Helvi in the Governor's Hall in Caldera will ask you to collect some rent and taxes from Manat Varnan-Adda and Llovyn Andus, two farmers in the Ascadian Isles. They only owe 50 gold each and Helvi says that you are to kill them if they refuse to pay.
Siding with Odral
If you choose to help Odral, or simply don't see a problem with killing people over a 50 gold debt, simply head out to the farms. Neither of the two farmers have the money to pay the rent, but when you speak to Llovyn, you are given the option of taking his Guar, Corky. While this isn't a strictly monetary amount, taking Corky to Drulene Falen's Guar herd at Drulene Falen's Hut allows you to sell him for 200 gold, which covers both farmers' debt. You can also simply kill the farmers.
Siding with the farmers
If you feel something is wrong with killing the farmers, speak to either Crassius Curio in Vivec or Rovone Arvel. The former will give you 500 gold to clear up the matter, since he believes Helvi just wants the farmers dead. Rovone Arvel will just give you 100 gold to cover the debt. Of course, if you don't wish to do any of this running around, you can simply pay Helvi 100 gold out of your own pocket.
Ending the Quest
Simply return to Helvi with 100 gold from any source. If the farmers are killed, Odral Helvi's disposition with you will increase by 15: if you simply pay the rent, it will drop by 5 points.
- You can also take money from Crassius Curio or Rovone Arvel, and sell Corky to Drulene Falen, resulting in a higher gain. If you want, you can also kill the farmers after all this, for the disposition increase and some extra gold (Manat has 9 gold on him, Llovyn nothing).
- If you drop all your money on the ground before talking to Helvi, you don't really lose 100 gold, even if it's written on screen. Helvi will be equally satisfied.
- Drulene might not offer to buy Corky, instead just saying "He's doing fine, %PCName" when you choose the topic Corky in conversation with her.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Rent and Taxes (HH_RentCollector)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Odral Helvi asked me to collect 50 gold in rent and taxes from Manat Varnan-Adda and Llovyn Andus. If they refuse to pay the rent, I should kill them. I can get to Manat's farm by going west out of Suran and following the path across the isthmus, and keep to the left. Llovyn's farm is further on the road west, just past the Dren plantation.|
|50||Llovyn Andus told me that he does not have 50 gold, but that I may have his guar, Corky.|
|60||Manat Varnan-Adda told me that he cannot pay 50 gold.|
|65||Rovone Arvel gave me 100 gold and told me to pay the rent and taxes myself.|
|70||Crassius Curio told me that the farmers probably do not have 50 gold. He asked me to pay the rent and taxes myself.|
|100||Odral Helvi thanked me for collecting the rent from the farmers.|
|110||Odral Helvi thanked me for killing the farmers.|
|Prev: Erroneous Documents||Up: House Hlaalu Quests||Next: Shipment of Ebony|