|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Edryno Arethi for business.
- Travel to Hla Oad.
- Speak to Murudius Flaeus to receive a key or find out where the hidden chest is.
- Get the gold with the key or pick the lock.
- Return to Edryno Arethi.
Edryno Arethi in her house on the Hlaalu Waistworks in Vivec will ask you to collect 800 gold owed by Murudius Flaeus of Hla Oad.
Flaeus can be found at his house in Hla Oad and will give you a key to his hidden money chest if you raise his disposition up to around 90 or perform a successful intimidate (any disposition). Alternatively, you can just find and pick the chest yourself to get the money. In fact, talking to the other townsfolk might subtly point you to the hidden chest. If you still can't find it, it's hidden under Fadila's house, just to the left of Murudius'. The chest contains a little more than the debt requires, 943 gold to be exact.
Return to Arethi
Return to Arethi in Vivec with the money to complete the quest. She takes 400 gold for half the debt, and the extra money in the chest is yours to keep.
- You can get this quest whether you belong to House Hlaalu or not.
- You can avoid the trip by ending the conversation after you receive the orders. Start a new conversation and just pay 400 drakes yourself.
- A good way to double your income from this quest is to kill Murudius, search his body for the chest key and use it to recover the money from the chest. When you return to Edryno Arethi, tell her that Murudius is dead. She will thank you but tell you she cannot pay you. You will have completed the quest and can still keep all of the money you recovered.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Murudius Flaeus's Debt (HH_BuriedTreasure)
||Edryno Arethi told me that Murudius Flaeus owes a Hlaalu noble over 800 gold. I must get the 800 gold from Murudius Flaeus in Hla Oad and return it to Edryno Arethi.
||Murudius Flaeus told me he keeps the money in a chest under Fadila's house. He gave me the key to the chest.
||Edryno Arethi thanked me for getting the 800 gold from Murudius Flaeus.
||Edryno Arethi thanked me for killing Murudius Flaeus as an example for others.