Morrowind:Alof and the Orcs
|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Talk to Eydis Fire-Eye in the Balmora Guild of Fighters for orders.
- Talk to Alof the Easterner at his farmhouse for more information about some Orcs in a Daedric shrine.
- Head over to Ashunartes and kill Burub gra-Bamog.
- Return to Eydis Fire-Eye for reward.
Eydis Fire-Eye in the Balmora Guild of Fighters will ask you to investigate some Orcs at a Daedric ruin for the Duke Vedam Dren himself. And that you should talk to Alof the Easterner, a local farmer for more information.
Alof's Farmhouse is northeast of Pelagiad and north of the Arvel Plantation (a small hut on the north shore of Lake Amaya), just east of the Fields of Kummu. Alof tells you that the Orcs come from Ashunartes, a Daedric ruin northeast of there. He says that if you kill their leader, Burub gra-Bamog, the rest of the Orcs should leave the farmers in peace.
The shrine is indeed towards the northeast of Alof's farm, just across the hills (though it's a little more north than east). There are two entrances to the shrine, with three Orcs in the bottom level, and Burub herself in the upper. You don't need to take care of the three Orcs on the bottom, but some of them have Orcish armor and other loot which can sell for a pretty penny, and they will still continue to attack you even after Burub is dead, so there's no particular reason to avoid killing them.
Return to Eydis for your 500 drakes reward.
- If you wish, you can visit the Duke himself at the council chambers in Ebonheart for additional information about your mission and your target (and proof that the contract is indeed legitimate). If you visit him afterwards, he will congratulate you on a job well done, but will not give any additional reward.
- One simple way to kill the three orcs found in the lower level is to levitate over the lava pit nearby, since this will cause them to run into it. The downside is that you will probably lose any loot they may carry.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Alof and the Orcs (FG_AlofsFarm)|
|Index||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Eydis Fire-Eye told me to talk to Alof the Easterner at his farm northeast of Pelagiad and just north of the Arvel Plantation. Alof saw some Orcs at a Daedric ruin nearby.|
|15||Eydis Fire-Eye told me to get rid of somenear Alof's Farm, northeast of Pelagiad. Alof was our source of information on this, and he's dead. I'm to search nearby until I find the right . They may be hiding in some ruins.|
|30||Alof the Easterner said the Orcs come from Ashunartes which is northeast of here and just west of an old Dunmer stronghold. Alof thinks the rest of the Orcs will leave if I kill their leader, a Barbarian by the name of Burub gra-Bamog.|
|50||Alof thanked me for getting rid of the Orcs at Ashunartes. I should report back to Eydis Fire-Eye.|
|100||Eydis Fire-Eye gave me 500 gold for the Duke's contract.|
|Prev: Gra-Bol's Bounty||Up: Fighters Guild Quests||Next: The Verethi Gang|