|Released||August 2, 2002|
Adamantium Armor is an official plugin that adds a new set of armor to the game in various locations around Vvardenfell. The plugin does not include an Adamantium Helm, however, as the Helm of Tohan plugin is intended to fill this role. Despite this, further Adamantium Helms were added by the Tribunal expansion; they have identical stats to the Helm of Tohan but are not unique artifacts. There is no Adamantium shield, even with all official expansions and plugins installed.
- "A new shipment of hard to find Adamantium Armor has arrived in places across Vvardenfell. You can find it at Meldor's Armory in Balmora, Hodlismod's shop in Caldera, Dandera Selaro's outdoor stand in Ald-Ruhn, and Ralen Tilvur's Smithy in Vivec." —Official Summary
In addition, Selaro, Hodlismod, and Meldor each have a chest containing a complete set of the armor (aside from the helm). Selaro has a few extra pieces sitting on top of her chest, and Ralen has all of his pieces out in the open.
* The Left Pauldron only has an Enchant value of 3, but the Right Pauldron has an value of 10, breaking the general rule that pauldrons have very poor potential for enchantment.
- With a base armor rating of 40, Adamantium is among the best medium armors in the game. Without plugins or expansions, only Dreugh Armor and Indoril Armor are equally or more highly rated.
- Note that three medium armors added by plugins and expansions rank higher. The LeFemm Armor plugin adds Gold Armor designed for female characters which has a base armor rating of 60, while the Tribunal expansion adds Royal Guard Armor with a base rating of 55 for every piece but the greaves. The Bloodmoon expansion adds Ice Armor that can be crafted from Stalhrim with a base rating of 50.
- Adamantium is slightly better for enchanting than other medium armor sets, particularly the Adamantium Right Pauldron, which has the best enchantment value for any Medium-class pauldron.
- The unique Adamantium Helm provided as a quest reward in the Helm of Tohan plugin has the highest enchantment value of any helm as well as the highest armor rating of any medium armor helm. However, the Helm of Tohan has identical stats to the standard Adamantium Helms that can be found (or commissioned from blacksmith Bols Indalen) in the Tribunal expansion.
- One oddity about the Adamantium Armor chests of smiths Selaro, Hodlismod, and Meldor is that while there is one of each of the armor pieces in them, there is an endless supply of Adamantium Boots. Just keep checking again, and there will always be one. If you put one back, there will always be two. You can quickly load up on more Adamantium Boots than you can carry this way, though of course they will all be considered stolen, and you may get caught doing this.