Daggerfall:A Treasured Potion
- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the town where the item is being kept.
- Enter the alchemist's shop.
- Find and pick up the potion you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Player's name), my name is (quest giver's name). I have a line on a (potion). I need someone to lift it for me. I'll pay you (random gold) gold to do it. What do you say?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "At (alchemist's shop) in (town) you will find a (potion). Take it and bring it to me in (time limit) days, and I'll pay you. That's not too tough now, is it?"
The quest giver answers:
- "Let me know when you want to get real work, (player's name)."
Over the Counter
Head to the specified town and ask around to find the location of the alchemist's shop. The shop will be open during its normal hours, but locked otherwise. If you attempt to enter after hours, be prepared to pick the lock or otherwise force the door. Once inside, find the potion and grab it, then make your escape. Beware, as there may be some guards waiting for you at the entrance, either a battlemage, an iron atronach, a daedra seducer or a werewolf. Kill it and return to the Thieves Guild.
When you give the potion to the quest giver he will say:
- "Not bad, (player's name). Here's your (random gold) gold."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- Battlemage (10% chance)
- Iron Atronach (10% chance)
- Daedra Seducer (10% chance)
- Werewolf (10% chance)
- This quest is similar to both A Prized Herb and The Rich Merchant, but in this case the location of the burglary is an alchemist's shop.
- If you keep the potion, it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items. Keeping the potion will cost you no additional reputation, only a failed quest.
- The potion is actually no potion, but some Elixir vitae of lower value.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Alchemist's shop) has some of the best ingredients in (town)."
- "If you want just about anything, go to (alchemist's shop) in (town)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There was a rare (potion) in (alchemist's shop), but it's in a safer place now."'
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Someone stole a bottle of (potion) right out of (alchemist's shop). What cheek!"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Sure, I remember you, (player's first name). The (potion), right?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Don't tell me. You went all the way to (alchemist's shop), found the (potion), and accidentally drank it, right? (Oath), different thief, same old story."
|A Treasured Potion (o0b2xy10)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name), a Thieves Guild member in (guild town) offered me a job to steal a (potion) from (alchemist's shop) in (town). I have (time limit) days to get it to (him/her).|