|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Home Town||Skaal Village|
Lassnr is a Nord barbarian located in his house in the Skaal Village. He is worried that his son Tymvaul is lost and asks you to enter the well just to the west of his house and go down into Rimhull to find him.
He lives in a medium-sized house in the Skaal Village. On the right of the entrance, there's a table with the book Hanin's Wake, a Parchment with Scrawlings, a ghoul heart, a daedra's heart, a sample of the extremely rare wolfsbane petals, and a journeyman's mortar and pestle. Under the table, there's an exclusive fortify intelligence and above the table on a shelf, there's a sample of human flesh. On the left of the entrance, there's a fireplace and a table filled with clutter. In the back right corner from the entrance, there's a few bedrolls, a fireplace, a cupboard filled with clothes, and the book The Doors of the Spirit. In the back left corner from the entrance, there's a shelf with clutter on the top two rows, and the books Corpse Preparation v I, The Book of Daedra, and Poison Song II on the bottom row. On the floor around the shelf, there's a basket full of clutter, a fork, and the book Blasphemous Revenants. The only other item of note is a scroll of bloodfire on a support beam in the back of the house.
He is wearing a pair of common pants, and he carries the Restoration skill book 2920, Rain's Hand and a key to his well. Aside from his natural resistance to shock, immunity to frost, ability to shield himself, and a natural frost damage spell, he knows no spells.
- Tymvaul in the Well: Lassnr! Tymvaul has fallen in the well!
- Voice: "My son... My poor, son... Please, please help a sad old man."
- "Tymvaul? Is that you, son? Oh..oh I'm sorry. Please forgive the ramblings brought on by an old man's anguish."
- "Uh, oh, yes %PCRace? I'm sorry, I was just thinking of my boy Tymvaul...."
- Old man's anguish:
- "My son, Tymvaul, was getting water, and fell into our well. I am so lonely without him. Ever since his mother passed, Tymvaul has been my only companion. The pool beneath the well leads to a series of ice caves known as Rimhull. So my boy may still be alive. But I am too frail to search the caves, and everyone else in the village is convinced Tymvaul is already dead. I must know if he still lives! Please, %PCRace, will you enter Rimhull and learn the fate of my son?"
- I can't help you, Lassnr.: "Will no one help an old man? Must I spend the rest of my life alone, not knowing if I could have saved my son's life? Leave me now, %PCRace. I no longer wish to speak to you." (Goodbye)
- I'll help you, Lassnr. It's possible Tymvaul still lives.: "You...you will help me? Oh, thank you, %PCRace! Since my son fell into our well I have kept it locked, to avoid any more unfortunate accidents. Here's the key -- the well is out back. The waters of the well lead to Rimhull, but there is said to be a more direct entrance to the ice caves, somewhere outside the village. I know not where such an entrance may be, though it's probably hidden somewhere nearby. Now hurry! Return when you have news of my son!"
- "Please hurry, %PCRace. My son may still be alive, but he can't survive down there for long."
- "Please, %PCRace -- what news of my son Tymvaul?"
- Tymvaul lives! He has given up his study of the dark arts, and is leaving Solstheim to study legitimate magicka. He said he will return someday and make you proud.: "I knew he was alive! Oh thank you, %PCName! Although I hate to see him leave, I know Tymvaul will return someday and bring pride and honor to our family. I don't have much to offer as a reward, but I want you to have these. They are pelts of a snow bear I killed many years ago. Brynjolfr at Thirsk can forge them into special armor for you. Thanks again, kind %PCName." (Goodbye)
- Tymvaul was alive, but had been driven mad by some dark magic he found in Rimhull. He spoke of raising, and then attacked me. I'm sorry Lassnr -- I had no choice but to kill Tymvaul.: "You...you killed my son? I send you to find him, save him, and you end his life? No! You will pay for this! You have killed my only son!" (Goodbye)
- (Lie) I found Tymvaul's body at the bottom of the well. I gave a proper burial in the ice caves. I am so sorry Lassnr.: "Dead. So it is as I feared. Well, at least I know the truth. Thank you so much, %PCRace. Without my son for company, I fear I shall soon wither and pass. But so be it. I will soon see my wife and son again in the afterlife. Again, my thanks. I don't have much to offer as a reward, but I want you to have these. They are pelts of a snow bear I killed many years ago. Brynjolfr at Thirsk can forge them into special armor for you. Thanks again, kind %PCName." (Goodbye)
- "I thank you again for helping me, %PCRace. You came to my aid when no one else would, and for that I will be forever grateful."