|This is an archive of past UESPWiki:Deletion Review discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.
This article is out of our control really, its getting as bad as the role-playing pages used to be before it was organized. However, for the very few people who will visit this site and take a look at the Etymology page, it does contain alot of good translations and break downs of words, that describe the NPC, place, item etc... But its such a cluster of unorganized information, its difficult to find what you your looking for. I support because its a mess, but it contains a lot of good information about the origins and meanings of things in TES, and a part of me would hate to see so much of our user input be removed. Western3589 02:10, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Delete: Overall, support. Western3589 02:10, 23 January 2011 (UTC) (as nominator)
- Delete: I support this deletion, as it is the Etymology page is entirely useless.
- After a recent discussion on the Etymology [[Lore_talk:Etymology#Removal_of_historical.2Ffictional_refrences|talk page]] pretty much everyone agreed that the page was terrible, and useless. So after reviewing the contents of the page I came to the same realization as Rpeh and GuildKnight. We have absolutely no use for this page besides keeping this information from flowing onto the other areas of the site. I would still prefer it would be split, hopefully allowing only the most useful information to stay. But since that seem unlikely to happen I would prefer to see it deleted. --Alpha Kenny Buddy 02:17, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Delete (or Userfy): As with Western3589 and Alpha Kenny Buddy, I hate to see it go, as some of the info appears to be relevant, but unless someone wants to do some significant work on it, it's probably better off being deleted. – Robin Hood↝talk 02:31, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Delete: Things like Bruma relating to winter and Umbra/Umbranox relating to shadow make sense, but Ushnar meaning passionate has nothing to do with the Shivering Isles Orc. --Arch-Mage Matt Did I Do That? 02:55, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Delete: My only concern is that we'll get garbage added everywhere again. See this topic, which is where the problem was first discussed. rpeh •T•C•E• 10:55, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- Delete: Not much to add; personally I find these far-out translations useless - the page itself is a mess and after scrolling through it once again I couldn't find a single interesting addition. --Krusty 22:04, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
|Consensus: Delete. 6-0 --GKtalk2me 23:09, 30 January 2011 (UTC)