Template talk:Place Summary/Skyrim
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
Level and Dungeon
- Currently we show "Dungeon: Yes" on a more or less random selection of place pages (example). Initially it was shown on all places having the LocTypeDungeon Keyword (Skyrim:Dungeons makes an attempt to explain that a dungeon is everything that is labeled as such). After a while people removed that flag from pages were common sense said, it's no dungeon (example). As a result, the flag as shown on the pages now is worthless. If we show the flag, we have to explain it's meaning, and probably call it something else - it doesn't match a common sense definition of "dungeon". I propose to hide it for now, maybe use it for categorization.
- Most place pages have a "level" parameter defined, showing the minimum and maximum level found for Encounter Zones (example). I think we should show that, it is useful information.
- I definitely agree about this second part, as the parameter currently is pointless (it isn't displayed or categorized in any way). It might be useful to have a category for places with a minimum level of 6 or above as well (if I remember correctly, for any which have a minimum level, the minimum is 6... if I'm wrong, ignore this bit I guess). Anyway, having this parameter displayed on the page would definitely be useful, as it is helpful information. — ABCface◥ 18:54, 19 October 2012 (GMT)
- I agree, the level information would be very useful to display. As far as the dungeon goes, I'm not sure whether it serves a useful purpose or not. If there are a lot of radiant quest descriptions that say "can target any dungeon", it might be useful; otherwise, I have no problems removing it. If we feel we need to keep it, I'd suggest rewording to "Counts as dungeon", or perhaps just putting that in hover text to avoid the wording being too long. – Robin Hood↝talk 22:39, 19 October 2012 (GMT)
I've added the level category. Presuming I have to inherit gamespace to enable it?
- Yes, you needed to inherit gamespace (or do the logic all over again, either/or). I've added that and the wiki is now busy adding the pages to the relevant categories. You can see the categories that would need creating at Wanted Categories. The category naming is definitely a bit odd-looking, but as you say, let's wait for the full list to be generated and then figure out what the best plan is. – Robin Hood (talk) 09:51, 28 December 2012 (GMT)