|Archive 1: Nov 2011 - Feb 2012|
|Archive 2: Mar 2012 - Aug 2012|
|Archive 3: Sep 2012 - May 2013|
Patch 1.9 - PS3 Frequent Lockups When Traveling on Foot/Horse with Memory Block Load
It appears there were new lockups introduced on PS3 with the 1.9 patch that occur when traveling on foot or by horse that seem related to the loading of the next block of scenery into memory. Prior to 1.9 I could ride across Skyrim without issue covering the same roads or open areas and would rarely experience anything more than a slight lag when memory blocks were loaded. After 1.9, the crashes occur in every long distance travel (eg. Whiterun to Markarth, Windhelf to Dawnstar...) Two that are repeatable most of the time are at Anga's Mill (approached from Windhelm) and after passing Reachwater Rock en route to Markarth. Others include Fort Dunstad traveling from Whiterun to Dawnstar.
- Although I play on the Xbox 360, I can confirm a steep increase in the frequency of lockups (freezes) after the 1.9 patch. For me, the game will freeze 5 or more times in a row in certain areas. The game was working much better prior to the 1.9 patch, with very few lockups. Uninstalling and re-installing doesn't seem to help either. --Blackpete (talk) 02:00, 19 June 2013 (GMT)
Dead Dragons following
Patch 1.9 - PS3 - Old problem of dead dragons following returned. Skin intact and usually at warp in points for Fast Travel. I believe it is one specific dragon that did not give up its soul - Dragontooth Crater - but its hard to tell.
Have also had non-looted dead animals show up at random locations (reminiscent of Oblivion non-looted/lost weapons showing up at transition points.) This appears new to this patch. Philbert (talk) 09:56, 17 June 2013 (GMT)
- You could try to put a cheap but easily identifiable item into its inventory that would normally not be found in a dragon inventory (like an Ancient Nord Arrow or something similar) to see if it is the same? —MortenOSlash (talk) 18:01, 17 June 2013 (GMT)
Guards outside Whiterun removed/disappeared (Patch 1.9/PS3)
I'm not entirely sure if that's something done on purpose to increase performance or if it's just another glitch, but there aren't any whiterun guards in the outside of whiterun anymore. Which is bad because this breaks the main quest, as talking to a guard is required to unlock the city gates. --126.96.36.199 18:38, 20 June 2013 (GMT)
Hey all, I was wondering if Bethesda has done a stealth patch within the last week (or 2) of this post date (PS3 - no DLC's - Patch 188.8.131.52.8)? Reasons: I was testing the quirky incorrect level behavior under different scenarios of the Forbidden Legend Gauldur Blackblade with a character created 10/31/2014 and leveled up to L5 then using the same baseline play-through but different location entry times (for instance, avoiding the College of Winterhold) until certain other metrics had been met (such as different start levels for the Main Quest.) The idea was to try to figure out what was causing the wrong leveled sword to appear, or I should say, how to make sure the right one does. Everything seemed normal until the end of the last play-through where (as a bugged element) I should have received a 12-18 version but expected a 36+ version I received the correct one. A repeat from the earliest auto-save repeated the correct version.
So, I reloaded from the L5 point and was shocked to hear additional guard dialogs I had never heard (sorry, I didn't write them down but will start doing so as they are encountered.) What prompted this discussion was how "A Daedra's Best Friend" proceeded and ended. During the fight with Sabastian Barbus ran away from the fight (normally, since he's immortal he takes care of Sabastian and any conjurations). But even more so than that was the ending. Clavious always "caves in" and gives the Masque but never have I heard any prompting from Barbus. Now Barbus says something like "You made a deal. The mortal(?) acted honorably ...." - I've never heard Barbus say that. Then, when Barbus teleports to Clavious's side he didn't. The entire statue warped out (Blue ball over the whole thing then gone.) The former Barbus became a normal dog that just wandered the cavern.
There are other things that seem to have changed too. Certain enemies are stronger sooner (Spriggans for instance) and weaker longer (non-boss level Bandits) and some spawns are not as predictable (prisoner escorts etc). There's a slightly different feel to this play-through and I'm still early on it. And there seems to be some enemy AI differences. Essentially, they got smarter, hiding behind something and popping out to shoot an arrow or throw a spell (they always did to some degree but this seems, more.) Just wondering if anyone else has noticed - or if I just need a new disk? Philbert (talk) 06:06, 17 November 2014 (GMT)
- They certainly haven't on the PC. It seems unlikely they'd do it for PS3 only. – Robin Hood (talk) 06:33, 17 November 2014 (GMT)
- I've been playing pretty steady for the last 2-3 months (retired and bored) trying to sort out the bugged sword. Maybe thats why I noticed the changes in dialog and definitely the one quest - That statue staying around has been mentioned in the past as an aside. I ran a save game through, same thing, statue warped out - Barbus became dog. I think I'll clean the disk and start a fresh game and see what happens although it was kinda kewl and getting the right sword consistently is a bonus. Same with the additional dialogs, maybe they were there all the time and my disk just wasn't running the scripts. Thanks Robin Hood! Philbert (talk) 21:43, 17 November 2014 (GMT)
- I found (ran into by accident) the game data pages on this wiki that list the possible dialogs for each NPC type. I went through a few and there were many I had never heard before as well as all of the ones I had heard new recently that made me think something had been changed. I'll still check out the "state" issues with Forbidden Legend: Gauldur Blackblade and I'm definitely going to start a new game later to see the statue warp out (that was really odd) but I think this was much-to-do-about-nothing on my part. If a Admin wants to delete this section its OK with me. Philbert (talk) 20:33, 20 November 2014 (GMT)
2015 Launcher Patch
Many of the entries are described as "released on steam" while some are described as released on steam and xbox/ ps. Some of the entries without xbox/ps in their description nonetheless have individual notes labeled for those systems. As it stands now, if an entry merely states "released on steam" but doesn't include notes specific to a platform it may be interpreted as a "pc only" update. 184.108.40.206 14:20, 11 February 2016 (UTC)
- The consoles generally only got one patch per section (1.1, 1.2), so the patches were easily divided along those lines. Anything under the release date was included in that patch. It was and is much easier for the many minor patches to be released for the PC as and when they are ready, as they do not have to go through the security screening that the console makers require for all patches or DLC. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 20:11, 8 November 2016 (UTC)