Shivering talk:Madness Weapons
- Done! Thanks for pointing that out. --Nephele 17:26, 2 April 2007 (EDT)
I've just tested with a level 22 character, I'm only getting Grand Madness Weapons (weights and values also correspond with Grand), should be getting Perfect according to the chart. I'll test again in a few days when I'm level 23, and correct the chart if needed.
Update: have tested, at level 22 I received Grand Weps / Armour at both smiths, at level 23 I've getting Perfect Weps / Armour at both smiths.
I'll update the charts to with this info. 10:01, 9 June 2007 (EDT)
- Like the armor, enchanted versions of these weapons can be made with matrices. Unlike the armor, the enchantments on the weapons are random; the strength of the enchantment depends on your level.
This statement was originally in the article, but I can't see any evidence of that. Looking at the weapon stats, there only appears to be one enchanted version of each weapon. And when I checked in-game, all four weapons that I had made were Grand weapons with Damage Health 17 pts enchantments (at level 22). So I've deleted this statement and filled in the enchantments that will be obtained for each weapon. --NepheleTalk 21:42, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
Why are madness arrows /amber arrows worth so much my 10g amber made me 850g :P is it a bug prehaps? (upon aquireing normal madness arrows I havenoticed that they are worth only 4g the amber ones were worth 34 (base 65) whats up with that?
- I've just gone through and added the values for the magic and non-magic arrows (here and here). I'm not quite sure what your problem is. Are you values different to those? –Rpeh•T•C•E• 15:50, 4 March 2008 (EST)
- Thanks sorry about my poor grammar, but the thing that got me is the normal madness arrows values are a lot less for unenchanted arrows than for amber.
- Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately, the answer is that both values are true. For the Fine Madness Claymore, the stats of the enchanted and unenchanted versions are different. I've provided details in the article. --NepheleTalk 20:22, 28 April 2008 (EDT)
Any other way to get these?
I ask because just outside Vitharn I found a perfect madness axe and a perfect madness arrow hovering above the ground (shallow water). My theory is that they were spawned there for something to do with the ghosts who apparently wield them, but didn't for whatever reason end up equipped on them.
Enchantments through Matrices
I was looking at the enchantments to see what one would get for hunting down the matrices for the armor and weapons and realised that the majority of enchantments can either be matched or made better by the best type of sigil stone. Would this not be worth mentioning in the notes section of the pages? I mean I once hunted down all the matrices I wanted (which was very time consuming) not really paying attention to the fact that a top level sigil stone could give an enchantment I would want more than the cuirass matrix. Or just enchanting it with the sigil stone to give the same effect. --SamGhadiali 07:09, 13 May 2011 (UTC)
One exception to the Perfect Madness/Amber > Daedric note
The Perfect Madness and Amber Bows have the same damage rating as Daedric Bows, but are one stone heavier. It's the one weapon which is completely undesirable vs Daedric. All other Perfect Madness/Amber weapons have a slightly higher damage rating than their Daedric counterparts to offset the increased weight. 22.214.171.124 08:59, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- 1 stone doesnt make much of a difference, most people will go for the full set of whatever armor their wearing (Eddie The Head 11:09, 27 September 2011 (UTC))
- While true, if you add in the fact that Madness/Amber weapons do not affect creatures/undead that are immune to normal weapon damage, it makes the Madness/Amber bow much less desirable. 126.96.36.199 13:29, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- yes but the bows can be enchanted with a matrice (Eddie The Head 13:36, 30 September 2011 (UTC))
Level range error
I notice that for Madness/Amber weapons, Impure is actually given at level 1 and 2, not just L1. You don't start receiving Unpolished weapons until L3. 188.8.131.52 06:14, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Good point. I hadn't ever looked closely at the levels provided here before, but based on a dozen different leveled lists that I just checked, they are indeed wrong at the low levels. I'll put in the correct values. --NepheleTalk 06:39, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
There is a notable lack of detail on the number of times an enchanted Madness weapon can be used before it needs to be recharged, or how much it would take to recharge one. This information is very important for comparison with Sigil Stones and Soul Gems.
02:42, 24 November 2012 184.108.40.206
- It seems no one answered this and it's been a while, but I will say that the Perfect Amber and Madness weapons all have 4150 for max charge, and therefore 75 uses of their enchantments before being fully discharged.--Playerseekingbugs (talk) 08:30, 16 November 2013 (GMT)
Well, I've added that info. I suppose the table looks funny now, but it won't once the other seven grades are filled in.220.127.116.11 19:40, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
Perfect Madness Dagger
This weapon was forged by Cutter from madness ore and the madness dagger matrix from her magic dagger offer to this L39 Player. Its weight is 10 and damage is 18. Worth more than 5332 septims and has 75 uses of total magic charge of 4150 for 20 point damage health. What's the best way of retrieving and including other dagger data into the article, on Cutter's page, and back into the main SI weapons page? Edit: Oops! This is a mod: "Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts" W.E.P.O.N. Should have cottoned on when there were no voice files on Cutter's comment: "Plunge this deep into your enemy's chest..."--Lmstearn (talk) 16:04, 19 July 2014 (GMT)