The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|This article could benefit from an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
- Valam: "This one fails to understand. One must pay a fee for... unloading boxes?"
- Tithereeve Atofir: "A levy is imposed on any shipments that are due for commercial resale, yes. As designated by the proclamation of the Proxy Queen."
- Valam: "And yet this one does not see High Elf merchants paying such tithes."
- Tithereeve Atofir: "The tariff is waived in the cases of vendors who have regularly traded in Alinor for decades."
- Valam: "You mean that only new arrivals get taxed."
- Tithereeve Atofir: "The taxes fund our customs officers and ensure that only quality goods are brought into Summerset. As the goods of our High Elf vendors are above reproach, their exemption from the tax is only logical."
- Valam: "Valam brought these spices all the way from Alabaster, and you say he must pay for the privilege to sell them? Did your queen open this land, or did she not?"
- Tithereeve Atofir: "We have complied with the Queen's proclamation. All visitors are welcome to our land. Their refuse, however, is not."