|Location||Temple of the Mourning Springs|
Uldor is the spirit of a Maormer mage imprisoned in the Temple of the Mourning Springs. He was accidentally released by Ealcil and has used his undead to take over the temple and captured Rurelion to use as his body.
- Tears of the Two Moons: Investigate restless skeletons and stop a malevolent spirit.
Tears of the Two Moons
Entering the temple, you meet him "wearing" a skeleton at first, which will appear as you climb to the stairs to the temple.
- Skeleton: "Hmm, you have such intricate stitching …."
When you talk with the skeleton, he can be asked about the whereabouts of Rurelion.
- "Turn back. You aren't welcome here."
- What are you?
- "I'm whatever I wish to be. I change bodies like High Elves change clothes, though the corpses in this temple limit my wardrobe.
What does it matter to you? Why do you trespass?"
- We're looking for a man named Rurelion.
- "Ah, the name for my newest outfit.
His flesh sags a bit, though the power in his bones reminds me of my youth. And the robes … I'd forgotten the feel of silk upon newly won flesh."
- What did you do to Rurelion?
- "Set foot in this temple and see for yourself. Such commendable posture! I could definitely wear you in the autumn.
As for Rurelion … he's fit for display under full moons or new."
- Release Rurelion immediately.
But the skeleton fades away.
- Skeleton: "I tire of this. Leave or die, it matters not."
While Gathwen disables the wards, a familiar voice will speak while the Spider and Scorpion wards are brought down.
- Unseen Voice: "Spider weaves the web around its prey …."
- Unseen Voice: "Scorpion's poison courses through its prey …."
You can re-encounter the spirit in the chamber that originally held the Mourning Stone. Instead, he will be standing on the pedestal while wearing Rurelion's body.
- "Ears that large and you still don't listen? Perhaps you need a few alterations.
There was a time when the sound of Uldor's voice commanded the terror of thousands."
- Who is Uldor?
- "Why, I am. I'm Uldor! I see your "Dominion" teaches you nothing of my people.
I shouldn't bemoan your ignorance. You fools ended centuries of captivity when you removed the Mourning Stone."
- What is the Mourning Stone, exactly?
- "Never mind that accursed blue rock. I'm about to restore my wardrobe to its full glory.
Behold this Rurelion fellow. Such vibrancy! I could use more like him, but one must be willing to run through a bolt of silk for the finest coat."
- Free Rurelion, right now.
- "Oh, I believe I'll keep him. At least until my summoning ritual wears him through.
You see, undead are all so … beige. But I'm willing to adorn myself with hundreds of tawdry outfits in order to collect the more colorful garb at Eagle's Strand."
- I can't let you do that.
- "Then drown in a sea of bones!"
Defeat some skeletons while Gathwen deals with the bone piles. After you're done, Uldor will knock you back with shock magic while simultaneously fighting with Rurelion for his body:
- Uldor: "Stay back!"
- Rurelion: "Uldor! Get out of my body, now!"
- Uldor: "Silence! None command Uldor!"
Uldor will then leave through the nearby door.
Follow Uldor to the Great Hall to witness Rurelion succeeding in overpowering him.
- Rurelion: "Uldor, I command you! By the Tears of the Two Moons, return to your prison!"
- Uldor: "Ahh! That won't hold me for long!"
- Rurelion: "You're Gathwen's ally, yes? Please, disable these traps so she can make it to us safely."
Allow Gathwen to reach you both then discuss your further plans. One of the mages should be sealed in with Uldor to keep him inside the prison. Decide which one should sacrifice themselves, then accompany them to the tomb.
If you chose Rurelion to be sealed in:
- Uldor: "You! I won't wear a poisoned outfit."
- Rurelion: "I've reconsidered what our combined power could do, Uldor. I willingly give myself over."
- Uldor: "I knew such power would tempt you! Very well."
Uldor possesses Rurelion.
- Rurelion: "Hurry! Place the Tears of the Two Moons in the pedestals!"
- Uldor: "Wretched fool! I'll turn your friend to ash! You'll not leave this tomb alive!"
If you chose Gathwen to be sealed in:
- Uldor: "You! I won't wear a poisoned outfit."
- Gathwen: "Uldor, my master was a fool to doubt your power. I'll help you wreak the vengeance you seek, if you allow me."
- Uldor: "Such a spectacular, willing garment! Very well."
Uldor possesses Gathwen.
- Gathwen: "I can't fight him for long! Quickly, place the Tears of the Two Moons in the pedestals!"
- Uldor: "Wretched fool! I'll turn your friend to ash!"
Uldor will, of course, try to prevent you from placing the Tears, utilizing shock magic again.
- Uldor: "I won't be mocked by soiled attire!"
- Uldor: "Stay away from those pedestals!"
- Uldor: "You worthless rag! This tomb can't hold me forever!"
At the end, he is sealed in and you can say farewell to the mage entombed with him.