Online:Sellistrix the Lamia Queen
|Sellistrix the Lamia Queen|
|Fang of the Lamia Queen
Sellistrix the Lamia Queen is the leader of the lamias invading Arx Corinium. She is the final boss players must defeat to complete the dungeon. During the battle, the Sisters of Floods, Rain, and Waves will be available to assist you.
- Pledge: Arx Corinium: Prove you are truly Undaunted by clearing Arx Corinium.
- Force of Nature: Help three nereid sisters reclaim an abandoned Imperial fort.
Skills and Abilities
As a boss type creature, Sellistrix is immune to all forms of crowd control abilities.
- Clawed Swipe
- A basic melee attack that does high physical damage. If taunted, the boss will be forced to use this attack on the tank only.
- Piercing Shriek
- The boss screams, doing high physical damage over time and staggering all players in front of her as indicated by a red cone. Avoid standing in front of her unless you are the tank.
- Lightning Bulwark
- The boss arena consists of islands (illuminated by light) and the water in between. If she stands in the water she will electrify it, causing the water to do moderate shock damage over time to all players standing in it. The tank should try to hold the boss on one of the islands to avoid this. Do note that when she is in the water, her damage shield is removed.
When the boss is on dry land, she will gain a damage shield that reduces incoming damage. The party may want to position her in the water while themselves standing on dry land to counter this mechanic.
- Bolt Discharge
- The boss summons a storm, causing debris to fall from the ceiling over the islands, doing moderate physical damage over time as indicated by red circles. To avoid this, stand in the water while she is performing this attack. Note that if she is standing in the water, Lightning Bulwark will activate as well, meaning that both the water and the islands will now be unsafe.
- New Target
- The boss ignores taunt and runs off to attack a random player for a few seconds. Again, to minimize the movement of the boss, the group should stay close behind her, while the healer heals any damage she may cause.
- Sellistrix is a relatively complex fight for a normal dungeon and most inexperienced groups may become overwhelmed since her mechanics make her inherently unpredictable. A common strategy is to have the party stay on the island where she is at the beginning, except for the tank who will stand behind her to face her away from the rest. This means that even if she chooses a new target she will not move off her island into the water and thus Lightning Bulwark will not activate. When she casts Bolt Discharge, the party can then move off the island and into the water, and return onto the island when the attack is done.
There are several Achievements associated with this enemy:
|Arx Corinium Vanquisher||10||Defeat the Ancient Wamasu, the Lamia Songstress, and the Lamia Queen.|
|Arx Corinium Conqueror||15||Complete Veteran Arx Corinium by defeating the Fanged Menace, Ganakton the Tempest, Sliklenia the Songstress, Matron Ixniaa, the Ancient Lurcher, and Sellistrix the Lamia Queen.|
|Snake Skinner||50||Defeat Sellistrix the Lamia Queen in Veteran Arx Corinium, after invoking the Scroll of Glorious Battle.|
|Veteran Lamia Slayer||10||Defeat 400 Lamias in Veteran Arx Corinium.|
|Arx Corinium Survivor||50||Defeat the Fanged Menace, Ganakton the Tempest, Sliklenia the Songstress, Matron Ixniaa, the Ancient Lurcher, and Sellistrix the Lamia Queen in Veteran Arx Corinium, without suffering a group member death.|
|Arx Corinium Assassin||50||Defeat the Fanged Menace, Ganakton the Tempest, Sliklenia the Songstress, Matron Ixniaa, the Ancient Lurcher, and Sellistrix the Lamia Queen in Veteran Arx Corinium within twenty minutes of starting the dungeon. Timer starts when players engage the first group of nesting serpents.|