Online:Pursuing the Shard
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|King Emeric believes Count Hosni has the Dream Shard stolen from Pariah Abbey. He wants me to ingratiate myself with the count in hopes of retrieving the shard.|
- Talk to Abbot Durak.
- Talk to High King Emeric in Wayrest.
- Talk to Count Hosni at-Tura at the At-Tura Estate.
Firstly speak to Abbot to find out what must be done about the missing Dream Shard:
- "I don't look forward to informing the King about this but we must let him know as soon as possible.
- He will not be pleased."
- Why will the king be upset?
- "King Emeric must be informed that without the Dream Shard, we won't be able to supply him with the dreamless potions that protect him from the Supernal Dreamers.
- His Majesty might reward the one who brings him word of this. Would you do it?"
- I'll give the king the news.
Leave Pariah Abbey and head southeast along the roads till you reach Wayrest. Head to the palace to talk to King Emeric inside, who is located in the throne-room.
- "Ah! You've come from Pariah Abbey, haven't you?
- Don't worry about giving me the bad news. I'm already expecting the worst."
- The Dream Shard has been stolen by the Midnight Union.
- "Really? I heard rumors of chaos at the Abbey, but I had hoped they weren't true.
- "The Midnight Union's never really been a problem, I mean sure, they engage in a little smuggling and gambling, but this...it just doesn't make sense."
- What do you think we should do?
- "Well. We need to go straight to the source. The midnight Union does nothing without the approval of Count Hosni at-Tura. I can't imagine him being behind this, but one never knows.
- Hosni has a walled estate on the shore to the west of here."
- How do I get in?
- "Strangely enough, the man has apparently chosen this same time to have a betrothal celebration, and I happen to have an invitation I won't be using.
- Go in my stead and talk to Hosni. Find out if he knows anything about the Dream Shard."
King Emeric asks to attend the betrothal party of Hosni at-Tura using his invitation to find out what Hosni knows about the Dream Shard. Hosni will be located in his estate which is to the west of Wayrest next to the coast. Follow the road west, past Farangel's Landing and Soulshriven Tower. Once at the gates, talk to the Mercenary standing guard.
- "Count Hosni is in residence, but no one gets into the party without an invitation."'
- I have an invitation.
- "Let me see. Ah, this is a platinum-level invite. The count says you get to come and go as you please
- That's more leeway than he usually gives his guests these days."
- Where can I find Count Hosni?
- He's in the manor with his betrothed, Lady Adima.
- Tonight's festivities have already resulted in four deaths. Better hurry."
With that warning in mind, enter the Estate and walk past the nervous guests to the manor, which is the largest building in the estate where you will find Count Hosni, alongside Lady Adima.
- "Well, an unfamiliar face. I'm certain I didn't invite you. What's your business here?"
- Count Hosni. We haven't met, but from what I hear, you could use someone like me at your side.
- "Is that so?
- Hunh. We'll see. Tell you what: I've got a task that needs doing, but it might get ugly. Take care of it for me, and you're in."
- Complete Quest
Once Hosni has been spoken to, the quest can be completed for a small amount of gold.
- After completing Pursuing the Shard Hosni will start the player on The Signet Ring.
|Pursuing the Shard|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective: Talk to High King Emeric
Objective: Talk to a Gate Guard at At-Tura Estate
Objective: Enter the At-Tura Estate