|Ship||Maiden's Breath, The Spearhead|
Haerdun is a proud Redguard who is found in Saintsport. He is a member of Crafty Lerisa's crew, and has been captured by the Sea Drakes. He claims along with other Redguards a distrust and dislike against Orcs.
- Like Moths to a Candle: Help rescue some captured sailors.
Likes Moths to a Candle
After agreeing to help Lerisa, you'll find Heardun in the upper floor of a building on the north side of town.
- "Another torturer from Helane, even uglier than the last one."
If he was rescued as the second person, he will alternatively say:
- "Choke and die, Sea Drake! I'll spit on your grave."
- Lerisa sent me. I've got a disguise you can use to escape.
- "I knew she wouldn't leave me to rot! Quick, untie me!
The Sea Drakes spent the past few hours breaking my fingers. I can't wield a sword, but I can still strangle a few on my way out."
- Let me untie you.
Just before he jumps off the balcony, he'll tell you:
- Haerdon : "These Sea Drakes give pirates a bad name. Kill every last one of them you see!"
On the beach he'll say:
- "I may have only five working fingers, but that's enough to hold a mug."
If Like Moths to a Candle is completed before leaving Stros M'Kai on the Spearhead, he can be found below deck.
- "I can't hold a sword yet, but I can hold a book. Perhaps I should find a book that will teach me to fight with my left hand!"
Once you've arrived in Betnikh, Haerdun will be on the main deck next to Captain Kaleen:
- "I respect the captain, but I won't set foot on an island full of Orcs."
- What do you have against Orcs?
- "I've heard all the talk about the Daggerfall Covenant. Captain Kaleen mentions it enough. Orcs, Redguards, and Bretons in a grand alliance.
My ancestors fought at Orsinium. Many died fighting the Orcs. I respect them, but I'll never trust them."
- What about Mekag?
- "Lerisa's choice, not mine. That said, Mekag's not bad, for an Orc.
But I'm not setting foot on an island full of them. Especially not a clan that's refused to join the Covenant!"
If you chose to destroy the relic:
- "You should have listened to Captain Kaleen. She was right about the artifact."
If you chose to keep the relic:
- "You made the right decision. Our homeland is safer with that artifact than without it."
He'll be sitting in a cot below deck:
- "I think my hand's starting to heal. One day, I'll going back to Stros M'kai to take my venegeance on those Sea Drakes.
Onsi watch over you, my friend."
- "My friend, good to see you! See this hand? It works again. Found a very talented healer in Aldcroft who put the bones right back together.
I've put my sword through a few Elves since. Felt good."
- "Have you come to pay your respects? If so, I thank you. I am glad to see you here.
- No man should lose his daughter, least of all a king. It is a sad day for Sentinel, but Lakana lives on. She lives now in our hearts."
- During the quest and as a captive he is labeled as Haerdon.