|Location||East of Ilayas Ruins|
- The Show Must Go On: Rescue the Dancing Scrib from the Steel Shrikes.
- Raise the Curtain: Help the Dancing Scrib get back on the road.
Quest Related Events
The Show Must Go On
When you first meet her, she'll be on the docks of Fuller's Break. She'll be in a state due to the Rad Gada brigands:
- "Those Ra Gada brigands think they can take anything they want? Oh well, we'll show them how wrong they are!
As soon as Magdi finds her spine again. Gods, I wish she wasn't the only one left!"
- Ra Gada brigands? What's going on?
- "Just your run-of-the-mill pirate infestation. The Steel Shrikes, they call themselves. We made landfall for our show, and they attacked!
Can you believe it? And now most of my boys're missing. Those Shrikes don't eat Elves, do they?"
- Where are your "boys?"
- "Heard 'em screaming near the forge. Think it was the monkey, but could've been the bearded lady.
Look, if you're heading in, we could use help. I'd hate to have to leave all my performers behind."
- I'll look for your missing performers.
- "Have you dealt with the Steel Shrikes before? They're a nasty bunch of Redguards from Covenant lands. All about war, conquest and glory, and the rest of that rubbish.
A complete nuisance on a good day, but today's looking worse and worse."
- Are you all performers?
- "You're looking at the Dancing Scrib, greatest acting troupe this side of Elsweyr!
At least, we were. Until we got a bit broken up."
- What kind of acts do you perform?
- "Oh, you'll just have to help us to find out, won't you?"
Once you've rescued three of her comrads, she'll be inside the forge at the center of the settlement:
- "Looks like everyone's mostly in one piece. Only one we're missing is Sal. Of course. I bet he's hiding in one of these buildings.
We've got to move before the Shrikes regroup and attack. Maybe we'll go with Vanando's plan after all."
- What's the plan?
- "Sal's a master escapist, with the proper theater. What's more theatrical than a little smoke and flame?
Vanando wants to smoke out any Shrikes barricaded in these buildings. Maybe he just wants to set the whole place ablaze. Either works."
- Are you sure that's the best plan?
- "No. But it's all I've got right now. And I think you can manage Vanando's enthusiasm.
Take this oil. You'll need it to make the smoke. If Sal's nearby, he'll know we've come for him, and he can make a dramatic entrance."
- After everything is on fire, what then?
- "Then the Dancing Scrib performers sail into the sunset aboard our ship! It wouldn't be the first time we've had to take an unscheduled bow.
Come see us off at the docks after you burn down the town."
Finish speaking to her and Vanando comes up carrying a torch:
- Elandora : "Watch that torch! I don't want to see our friend here with any new burn marks. You hear me, Vanando?"
Speak to her again and she'll warn:
- "Keep an eye on Vanando. He'd light himself on fire if he got half a chance."
Meet back up with the troupe at the docks and she'll say:
- "Doesn't look like we'll be using our old ship. Those brigands foundered her!
I hope you cut a few of those Shrikes down while you were looking for Sal."
- I didn't see anyone else from your troupe.
- "Lucky for him, we know where Salgaer is now. Seems all that smoke got his attention, and he started screaming his head off.
What's less clear is how to reach him."
- Where is he?
- "Take a look across the water. Salgaer's up on that outcropping, about a stone's throw from here. Problem is, the whole place is crawling with Steel Shrikes.
You're the only one who stands a chance of getting him out of there."
- "It's just like Salgaer to be the last one left. Honestly, I don't know how he keeps up with the rest of us in the show.
But the crowds love him, so he stays on my roll."
Raise the Curtain
As soon as you free Zainat-ri, you'll hear her from afar:
- Elandora : "Not a moment too soon!"
Go to her location (just outside the palisades to the east) and she'll be there with Snaehild and a captive First Mate:
- "Snaehild's charms claim another fool. I don't know how she does it.
Well, now that you're here we can get on to the next part of Sal's plan."
- What exactly is this plan?
- "Simple. You get into the Shrike camp and find the key to their ship's hold. I've even got a "volunteer" to give you a disguise.
Meet us at the edge of the dock. Sal's got another hare-brained plan to sneak us all aboard."
- All right. I'll meet you there.
- "Don't forget your disguise! Get what you need from this one, and find that key. Look for the captain's tent, the biggest one in there."
- "Sal's got the heart of a senche, and possibly the brains of one. It's a long shot, but I'm willing to see his plan through."
After defeating the First Mate, you'll find her and most of the troupe outside the warehouse leading to The Flensing Beak:
- "Well, we've had a bit of luck!
Cumberland was sniffing around and found some of our props. If we can get the rest back, we won't have to skip our next show!"
- Where did he find them?
- "Seems the Shrikes shoved them into random crates in the warehouse. Cumberland can sniff them all out.
You've met him. He's our monkey."
- How can a monkey help?
- "Easy! Give him a cue, and he'll do the rest! Just let him take the lead.
We'll hide ourselves on the ship, and leave the hold unlocked for you. You both meet us aboard later. This'll be easier than I thought!"
Find the props with Cumberland and you'll find that she has snuk aboard the ship:
- "The pirates know something is up. Won't be long before they start looking for us.
I think the captain's on the other side of the ship. If we can take her out, the rest will probably give up. I hope."
- Where are the others?
- "I've got them all tucked away, waiting for my signal.
You got those supplies from the warehouse, right? I think I can use them right about now."
- Here they are.
- "Excellent. All right, this'll do wonderfully.
You go on ahead, and I'll see if I can get our Zainat-ri to show his face."
- "The eyes are Zainat-ri's favorite food. We keep some around for when he gets cranky.
He'll smell them from here, I'm sure of it."
Defeat Captain at-Mardeen and meet up with Elandora on the upper deck:
- "We'll open up the portholes from here and let the rest jump ship. No use keeping extra passengers!
Quite a ride we've had! I thank our stars that you came along to help."
- Are you setting sail?
- "We've got some preparations to make. Maybe we'll toss a few barrels of kindlepitch into the camp before we set off. A parting gift of sorts.
I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Maybe even when we have a show to perform!"
- Where are you heading now?
- "I heard Southpoint's been quiet lately. Maybe we'll drop in and liven things up a bit!
Next show is free for you, though. We'll remember your face, don't worry!"
After the troupe has been rescued and the Steel Shrikes broken, she can be found aboard The Flensing Beak at the wheel.
- "Enjoy your stay with the Dancing Scrib. You're as good a friend as anyone's ever been to me."