Morrowind Rebirth:Main Page
Morrowind Rebirth (MR), project led by Trancemaster, is a total overhaul for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the aim to enhance the gameplay by balancing certain aspects of the game, and by giving the player more to see and do. Morrowind Rebirth is the result of thousands of hours of modding, and is still a work in progress.
"Explore the island of Vvardenfell as you never have before, with a world built anew to be both alien and familiar to the Morrowind you knew before. New adventures await, with new exciting areas to see and explore, and newartifacts just waiting to be discovered. This is a complete overhaul for Morrowind, adding countless new details,weapons, armors and much more for you to see and do."
- Birthsign Changes — A list of the changes to birthsigns made by Morrowind Rebirth - Birthsigns [Addon].ESP
- Gameplay Changes — A list of all of the gameplay changes Morrowind Rebirth - Game Settings [Addon].ESP makes.
- Items — New items in Morrowind Rebirth
- Tools — Changes to the tools by ;Morrowind Rebirth - Tools [Addon].ESP
- Quests — A guide to all major and minor quests for Morrowind Rebirth
- Races — A list of all the changes to the racial bonuses by Morrowind Rebirth - Races [Addon].esp
- Reputation — List of quests that give you fame points
- Skill Changes — A list of all of the changes to skills by Morrowind Rebirth - Skills [Addon].ESP
- Spells — New spells in Morrowind Rebirth
- Starting Out — Hints to help you in the new additions that encompass Morrowind Rebirth
- Creatures — A list of the new creatures to kill and maim
- Factions — A guide to the old and new factions found in Morrowind Rebirth
- Maps — A collection of maps that detail additional areas
- People — A list of all people added by the mod
- Mercenaries — A list of all of the hireable "help" added by Morrowind Rebirth - Mercenaries [Addon].ESP
- Places — A guide to cities, towns, dungeons, and ruins in Morrowind Rebirth
- Real Estate — A list of the purchasable houses in Morrowind Rebirth
- Services — A list of the services of trainers, merchants, armorers, and mages
- Transport — A list of the various modes of transport in Morrowind Rebirth
- Changelog — The changelog for Morrowind Rebirth
- Fixes — Information on the fixes to vanilla meshes and textures.
- Music — Information on the newly added music included in the optional files.
- Optional Files — Information on all other content besides the music added via the optional files.
Mod File Structures
Complete details and downloads are available on the Morrowind Nexus.
The mod has the following modules:
- Morrowind Rebirth [Main].ESP
- The main module, with the essential changes made by the mod, including major city overhauls, new locations and NPCs and certain gameplay element overhauls. This module is required.
All of the following modules are optional, and are to be used on personal preference.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Tools [Addon].ESP
- This plugin will tweak the weight, value, quality and uses for apparatus, lockpicks, probes and repair items.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Skills [Addon].ESP
- This plugin will tweak skill progression for the various skills in Morrowind.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Races [Addon].esp
- This module will change starting spells, abilities and powers, while also adding new ones to the mix.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Mercenaries [Addon].ESP
- Includes a wide variety of "hired help" - recruitable NPC companions.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Game Settings [Addon].ESP
- This plugin tweaks the game settings that change many variables, for example the cost of training, travel and most other things.
- Morrowind Rebirth - Birthsigns [Addon].ESP
- This plugin will tweak existing birthsign abilities, powers and spells while also adding new ones to the mix.
There's a number of compatibility patches made by the MR team included with the main download, as well as some community-made ones.
Team made compatibility patches
Patches provided with the main download
- Morrowind Patch Project v1.6.6 [For Rebirth].esm
- Edited version of Morrowind Patch Project (MPP), recommended to use together with MR.
- Siege at Firemoth [For Rebirth].esp
- Contains rebalances for the content added by official Bethesda DLC, Siege at Firemoth, mostly to make new items stats fit the rest of the game items, edited by MR
- Uvirith's Legacy_3.53 [For Rebirth].esp
- Compatibility patch for the mod Uvirith's Legacy
- Julan Ashlander Companion 2.02 [For Rebirth].esp
- Compatibility patch for one of the largest companion mods for Morrowind, Julan Ashlander Companion
- Julan Ashlander Companion 3.0 beta [For Rebirth].esp
- Patch for a later, more experimental version of Julan Ashlander Companion. Only available after version 5.4.
- Clean Main Quest Overhaul 1.3 [For Rebirth].ESP
- Patch for Main Quest Overhaul. Added with version 5.4.1
- Province Cyrodiil [For Rebirth].esm
- Patch for Project Cyrodiil, one of the province mods being worked on by the PT team.
- Skyrim Home of the Nords [For Rebirth].esm
- Patch for SHotN, one of the province mods being worked on by the PT team.
Community made compatibility patches
- Compatibility patch for HOTV Gnisis, made by revenorror.
- Optional files for Morrowind Rebirth, provided along with the main install package, are new textures for some regions, new splashscreens, new music, main menu texture replacer and new desktop icons. These are not required for the game to work.
- Morrowind Rebirth also offers lower resolution textures for its fauna, intended for users that are having issues with performance.
- Morrowind Rebirth is incompatible with Tamriel Rebuilt due to overlapping landscaping and NPC edits, balance changes, and model replacements. A compatibility patch is available. Note that this patch has been abandoned, and as such is outdated. It is only to be used with Morrowind Rebirth version 5.1.1 and Tamriel Rebuilt version 20.02.