|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Athyn Sarethi for duties.
- Travel to Shurinbaal to deal with some smugglers.
- Kill Daroder Helni and Enjine.
- Return to Athyn Sarethi.
Athyn Sarethi in his manor in Ald'ruhn will ask you to take care of some smugglers in the cave of Shurinbaal by killing their leaders.
Getting to Shurinbaal
The cave is just southwest of Gnaar Mok on the coast. Getting there directly from Ald'ruhn is an impossibility, since no Silt Strider exists in Gnaar Mok, but fast travel can still be done relatively easy if you take a Silt Strider to Khuul, and then charter a boat to Gnaar Mok. From there, just head southwest into the swamp to find Shurinbaal.
Dealing with the Smugglers
Once you find the cave, you must kill the two leaders, Daroder Helni and Enjine, but feel free to kill anyone else you find there. Report back to Sarethi in Ald'ruhn once the two smugglers are dead to complete the quest.
- Sarethi also suggests looking for the smugglers' contact in Ald'ruhn. Their contact is Drinar Varyon, who is in town under the pretence of studying local pottery, but no legal action can be taken against him as part of the House Redoran quest. Some Thieves Guild members in Ald'ruhn will confide that Drinar is a smuggler who works with his sister, Dovrosi Varyon on the coast; Dovrosi is indeed one of the smugglers in Shurinbaal. However, Drinar responds sharply to any request for information and will admit nothing. If you are not a member of the Thieves Guild, each time you mention Shurinbaal will drop his Disposition to you by 20.
- Drinar Varyon's role in smuggling Dwemer artifacts is further revealed in an Imperial Legion quest, Dwemer Artifacts at Drinar Varyon's Place.
- The hostile trainer, Crottus Cedus, can be found in Shurinbaal.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
||Serjo Athyn Sarethi believes there are smugglers in the cave of Shurinbaal, just southwest down the coast from Gnaar Mok. I must find and kill the leaders of the smugglers, Daroder and Enjine.
||Serjo Athyn Sarethi thanked me for shutting down the smuggling operations in Shurinbaal.