|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with Ajira to find out about her bet.
- Place a Fake Soul Gem in Galbedir's desk.
- Return to Ajira for your reward.
A "Friendly" Wager
It appears that the dear Ajira in the Balmora Guild of Mages has made a bet with Galbedir over which one will get promoted to the level of Journeyman first. Ajira wants you to sabotage Galbedir's project by placing a Fake Soul Gem in Galbedir's desk, which is located on the top level of the Mages Guild in Balmora, without Galbedir knowing.
Galbedir will come downstairs shortly to talk with Marayn Dren, during which time you can proceed upstairs to place the fake soul gem in Galbedir's desk before she returns.
Return to Ajira
Report back to Ajira when you've completed your task. Your disposition with Ajira raises by +10, and if you meet the requirements you can be promoted to the rank of Journeyman.
- If you talk with Galbedir afterwards, she doesn't seem to mind the sabotage attempt.
- There are a number of filled and unfilled soul gems on Galbedir's desk. While she's downstairs, you can lift them for recharging enchanted weapons, or making some money; be warned -- don't try to sell them back to Galbedir, since she will recognize them.
- If you steal the soul gems from her desk, she will think all soul gems you own belong to her when enchanting, whether or not you took them from her desk. This means you can only use her to enchant if using Azura's Star.
- You might also want to swipe the Limeware Platter as it is somewhat valuable, but be sure afterward to never sell her any Limeware Platter.
- If you take too long pilfering Galbedir's desk, and she returns before you place the fake soul gem, you can still place the fake gem with her standing there and complete this quest.
- If you leave the guild hall while Galbedir is downstairs, she will be stuck there and won't return to her desk. On PC you can use the ResetActors command in the console to move her back to her post upstairs.
- As Galbedir walks back upstairs, if you get close enough to her she will stop moving and remain in that spot forever. This can be good if you wanted to steal the soul gems from her desk or to keep her downstairs for quicker access, but in some places she may block hallways, making it difficult to move around. Also, if you leave the guild before she makes her way back to her original spot, she may stop where she stands and remain there. This too can be corrected by the ResetActors command.
- If you mention Ajira to Galbedir after learning about the bet from the other guild members, she will believe that you are plotting with Ajira against her. This response will still appear even if you are not a member of the Mages Guild, or if you have not done this quest.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Fake Soul Gem (MG_Sabotage)
||Ajira gave me a fake soul gem. She wants me to sabotage Galbedir's Journeyman project. I should put the fake soul gem in Galbedir's desk.
||Ajira thanked me for helping her sabotage Galbedir's experiment.