|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
: not written
Objectives: written by already written not checked
: not written
- Talk to Mistress Therana at the Upper Tower in Tel Branora for chores once you are a Mouth in House Telvanni.
- Travel to Ghostgate to get Auriel's Bow from Ralyn Othravel. Either:
- kill him for the bow, or
- pickpocket him to get it.
- Return to Therana to complete the quest.
Once you reach the rank of Mouth in the House, Councilor Therana in the Upper Tower in Tel Branora will talk to you about Auriel's Bow, which she says "smells faintly of Ash Yams" (in case you haven't noticed, Therana is slightly eccentric). Therana doesn't give any exact location, but says that the "smell" is strongest in Ghostgate, near Ralyn Othravel.
Travel to Ghostgate and find Ralyn in the Tower of Dawn, who is indeed carrying the bow, though you'll have to kill him or, if you're good at sneaking, pickpocket him to get it.
Return to Therana in Tel Branora with the bow to be offered a Daedric cuirass and greaves, both enchanted with 50 points of constant-effect Feather. If you refuse that reward, she'll give you 11,111 gold. The armor is worth more than the gold, so it is the better choice even if you sell it later.
- Pickpocketing the bow from Ralyn may prove very difficult, even with a Chameleon effect of 100% and with a level of sneak higher than 90.
- Of course, since this is the only quest received from Therana, you could always keep the bow, or give her the bow and either pickpocket it from her or kill her.
- If you are in the Morag Tong and want to get the bow back, you can just slay her when you get the Writ for Mistress Therana. The Mages Guild also has a quest which involves killing her.
- The quest can be done without belonging to House Telvanni if you activate the topic "Auriel's Bow", with said item in possession, in dialogue with Torasa Aram in the Museum of Artifacts in Mournhold, and then speak with Therana.
- Whichever way you complete this quest, the journal entry incorrectly states that she gives you 5000 gold to go away.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Auriel's Bow (HT_AurielBow)
||Mistress Therana asked me to bring her Auriel's Bow. At least, I think that's what she was asking. Perhaps I should look for the bow in Ghostgate. Therana said something about Ralyn Othravel.
||Mistress Therana scolded me for bringing her Auriel's Bow and then gave me 5000 [sic] gold if I promised to leave.