|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. If you make an addition to this page, please update this template accordingly, but make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|Home Town||Tel Branora|
|Location||Upper Tower, Therana's Chamber|
|Faction(s)||House Telvanni (Master)|
Therana is a Dunmer mage and probably one of the strangest characters you will encounter during your journey through Vvardenfell. She is a Telvanni councilor involved in the Main Quest. As her peers will tell you, she has not aged well and has been growing increasingly insane. Despite seeming innocent and harmless when you talk to her, she is in fact very volatile, and given that she is a powerful mage - out-leveling even the Archmagister - her outbursts can prove deadly. She seems to have no material awareness, as she will hugely over-reward you for mundane tasks, giving you an enchanted Daedric cuirass and pair of greaves simply for retrieving a "bow that smells of Ash Yams", even though she no longer wants it when you bring it to her. She keeps a naked Khajiit slave, Ra'Zahr, in her room, and her stronghold is decorated with rotting Kwama eggs, which has infuriated the slaves who mine them for her. She ignores anyone's business other than her own, preferring to talk extensively about herself. For these and other reasons, many people — even in her own House — seem to want her dead, and there is an outstanding Morag Tong writ against her. She can be found in her tower in Tel Branora.
The other Telvanni Councilors often comment about how Therana has not aged well, and how she becomes more eccentric by the day. Her conversations with you will rapidly change subject; most options leading to an anecdote of her childhood. Even her Mouth, Felisa Ulessen, advises you to be cautious in your dealings with Therana, and upon giving you your first errand to Tel Branora, will provide you with a Scroll of Almsivi Intervention should things turn ugly.
She is wearing an exquisite robe with matching shoes, an amulet of spell absorption, a ring of firefist, and a ring of night-eye, she wields a daedric dagger, and she carries a scroll of black weakness, four exclusive restore magicka potions, and an Abebaal slave key. Aside from her natural resistance to fire and the sanctuary provided by her ancestors, she knows the following spells: Fifth Barrier, Llivam's Reversal, Absorb Spell Points, Fire Bite, and Firebloom.
- New Clothes: Deliver a skirt to Mistress Therana in Tel Branora.
- Auriel's Bow: Find the bow that smells like ash yams somewhere in Ghostgate.
- Kill the Telvanni Councilors: A strange request from the Arch-Mage to kill all the Telvanni councilors.
- "What are you here for? Are you here to feed the spiders?"
- "Oh, it's you again."
- "Oh, are those my new clothes? I've waited ever so patiently for them."
- House Telvanni: "It's a funny sort of house, with all those glowing blue crystals all over it. Did I ever tell you about when I was a little girl? I always liked going to the house. That's where everyone keeps their toys. Are you listening to me? You'd better be. Yes, that's better. No need to do that. I'd offer you something, but I'm all out of kwama eggs."
- join House Telvanni: "Join with the house? No thank you. I prefer to be in the house, not of the house."
- Nerevarine: "Nerevarine? Is that a new play? I like plays."
- new clothes:
- "Oh, is that my new skirt? How do I know it's not cursed? Why don't you put it on." '
- [Disposition -50.] "You're wearing me skirt! How dare you wear my skirt!" ' (If you talk to her while wearing the skirt you're supposed to deliver to her)
- "New clothes? What new clothes? Oh, yes, I wanted a Khajiit fur skirt. Are you listening? Yes, pay attention. A Khajiit fur skirt. Tell Felisa that I already have one, thank you." (If you talk to her after giving the skirt to her Khajiit slave, causing her to attack and kill him)
- Telvanni bride: "That's lovely, dear, but I don't think so. I have so much to do around here. Besides, I'm already married. I'm fairly sure. Avos. Or Aren. I think. Little fellow. He's around here somewhere. Some sort of magic thing. Quite funny, actually. Did I tell you? About how easy it is to get those caretellian coordinates mixed up? Oh, dear... really quite a laugh. Quite funny. Yes, indeed. Ehr.... What were we talking about?"
- Telvanni councilors: "No, Telvanni make the worst councilors. I wouldn't listen to their advice if I were you."
- Therana: "Eh? Yes? Therana? Yes? Yes. Of course."
As Therana's Mouth, Felisa Ulessen, will tell you if you choose to speak with her before going to Therana herself, getting the cranky (to say the least) sorceress to vote for you essentially boils down to keeping her attention long enough to ask the actual question. This end may be achieved in two ways: either her disposition towards you must be at least 80, or your Speechcraft skill must be at least 30:
- Telvanni Hortator
- "It's a steel box, of course. You keep things like bittergreen roots in it, keeps 'em fresh, with a little netch blood. Or is that a hormador? Yes. Or spiders. In the box. Spider eggs. Keeps 'em fresh. With netch blood. You wouldn't have any with you, eh? Spider eggs? Nice fresh ones? So, go ahead. Show me the hordador. Hormador? You got it with you? Always happy to get some fresh spider eggs. Or spiders? When I was a MUCH younger, we grew our own spiders..."
- Listen politely.
- "...In hormadors. Big ones. Needed 'em big, for the spiders. What? Spiders? You listening? Spiders. That's what I said. Big ones. So you need a big hortator. Ours was steel, with silver plating. Kier-jo used to polish it. Cute little kitty. Had it since it was a bitty kitty. Gone now, of course. Dropped dead. They get old, and you have to get new ones. Never quite as good as the old ones, of course, but what can you do. Oh! There you are, %PCName! What was your name again? Are you listening to me?"
- Continue to listen politely.
- "[Mistress Therana continues to chatter amiably, with no sign of stopping. She looks like she could go on forever.]"
- Stubbornly continue to listen politely.
- Tell your story and ask to be confirmed as Hortator.
- [Disposition -10.]
- "Goodness. Where did you learn how to do that? Can you do it again? Oooo! Very pretty! Do it again! Oh, please? Please? Oh, certainly. I have a hormador around here somewhere, if you'll just.... Oh. You want to be a Hortator? Certainly. Go right ahead. Right after you do that thing again. That's amazing! Oh, goody, goody...."
Once you have secured her vote, you may (try to) revisit the topic with her, although she will make just as little sense as she did thus far:
- Telvanni Hortator
- "You want to see my hormador? Oh, dear, where did I put it? In the basement? What did you say? You want to BE a hormador? Well, if that's what you want, go right ahead. I remember my first hormador. I used to have a little baby scrib, and I kept him in my hormador, but he was eaten by spider. With a man's body. Down in the basement. What were you saying? Where did you go?"
Moreover, you can mention the topic to her after you have secured enough votes to officially be named Telvanni Hortator, in which case she says the following:
- "Oh. Goody, goody. Are you going to show me that thing you did again?"
- Telvanni Hortator
- "You gave all the councilors a hormador? No? That thing you showed me, then? I'm glad, dear, really."
And finally, if you discuss the topic with her after you have actually been named Telvanni Hortator, she will say:
- "Are you here to show me that thing you did? Or did you want to feed the spiders?"
- Telvanni Hortator
- "That's nice, dear. Is the Hortator that silly thing you showed me? Would you do it again? Ooooo! Thank you! Oh. Dear. Tired now. *Zzzzzz.* [Mistress Therana has apparently fallen asleep in mid-sentence.]"