Lore:Cape of the Blue Divide
|Cape of the Blue Divide|
|Type||Body of Water|
The Cape of the Blue Divide, or simply the Blue Divide is the body of water found between the provinces of the Summerset Isles and Valenwood, and the general area of the Second Aldmeri Dominion. It is bordered by the Abecean Sea to the north and the Southern Sea to the southeast.
The Blue Divide's general scope is largely unknown, though the town of Southpoint is reportedly north of the body of water. The island of Stros M'Kai is a strategic location, found north of the Cape of the Blue Divide. It was because of this the island was targeted by the Third Empire during their conquest of Hammerfell in the Tiber Wars. It was their closest foothold to the Cape, described as the waters of the Aldmeri Dominion. The Colovians made their earliest voyages around these waters, and the Iliac Bay, sacking various Nedic settlements. The Cape of the Blue Divide was also the general location of the War of the Blue Divide, occurring in the Imperial Simulacrum between the provinces of Valenwood and the Summerset Isles.
- Exclamations in the Elder Scrolls: Arena — The Imperial Library
- Summerset Isles: A Visitor's Guide — Runilstir the Surveyor
- Southpoint description in Arena
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Hammerfell — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Aldmeri Dominion — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Cyrodiil — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- A Dance in Fire, v7 — Waughin Jarth