Daggerfall talk:Journey to Aetherius
- Good, THIS is where you post your questions. And your edit was deleted because it wasn't true. Other things that can cause someone to delete an edit is when it's not relevant. SwedishBerzerker at youtube.com 12:44, 1 January 2010 (UTC)
I can't get past the first stage. I've defeated the Frost Daedra, the elevator is down, I've opened and closed every door, but when I leviate down, the barrier is still up. What do I do? I can't even use the [ and ] cheats to get past. Also, when I first attack the Frost Daedra, a light dims and all the doors open. Is that supposed to happen? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 19:48 on April 27, 2011
A few errors in the walkthrough?
Yeah, I more or less was stumped to all hell pretty early in this section. All the doors were opened when I got to them, so I simply closed the ones in every direction EXCEPT South. Then I follow the directions after that, except the path to the north-west, near the top of the map? Sort of not the one that we need to go through. The one pictured is actually to the south-east, and I had to go back, re-open all the other doors, then CLOSE the South door, just to remove the force-fields from that one. Once that bit was over and done with, the rest of is fine so far. I'll edit this post if any other inaccuracies pop up. --188.8.131.52 10:12, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- we dont have many people who own daggerfall on this wiki, please feel free to correct anything you see that is wrong on the article. (Eddie The Head 10:19, 13 December 2011 (UTC))
- I reloaded my save, double-checked the door issue, and confirmed the location of the doorway, going to make the edits. Side note: Didn't outright edit only because I'd rather not just jump in without letting people know I found something/"ask for confirmation" sort of dialogue. --184.108.40.206 10:27, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
Door puzzle, a working combination not mentioned in the walkthrough
I would like to share some experience regarding the four doors puzzle. It frustrated me since meddling with the doors and levitating back and forth is a pretty slow affair, and I spent lots of time trying to figuring out how to open the last force field with the door puzzle (the force field that blocks the lever that opens up the last passage that has even more levers and force fields) but it didn't work out, so I almost gave up on the game at this point and the walkthrough didn't help with this part. I searched the net and found out from some video walkthrough on YouTube that doing a certain combination with the doors opened the force fields all the way to the lever that open up the last part (search for Vazz7's upload called Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall (pt23) - Journey to Aetherius), but even then it didn't work until I found out that it perhaps needed one criteria fulfilled to work correctly; the doors had to be open from the very beginning, and they weren't on my first try with the Mantellan Crux and it made a mess with the door puzzle. From what I noticed in my playthrough the four doors should be untouched by the enemy standing guard there and on my second try with the Aetherius dungeon (by reentering the Mantellan Crux using a save file from before giving away the totem) I wiped out the Frost Daedra standing there quickly and it didn't meddle with the doors there, and then it worked like a charm.
How to deactivate the force fields: If all the doors are open when encountering them then do the following (if not then reload a save file prior to entering Mantellan Crux): 1) Close the South door; 2) levitate down a bit and find the room located inside the island with the doors and pull the lever inside the room (see the walkthrough); 3) levitate back up to the doors and close the North door; 4) finally right after closing the northern door, now close the East door and immediately reopen it after closing it. The force fields should be gone now.
I really don't know if it can be done in any other order than the one I wrote here, or that it works by reopen and close the doors and all that, because at that point I didn't want to do it all over again just to experiment with it as I was simply relieved and happy to progress further in the game.
I hope there is someone that can confirm this and that this is of some help to those stumped by this first part of the Mantellan Crux and didn't find this part of the walkthrough helpful.
I also want to point out that I didn't go to Nulfaga to get transported into the Mantellan Crux, I simply gave the totem to the chosen recipient of the object and right after they thanked me and rewarded me, Nulfaga's monologue popped up and then I suddenly entered the Mantellan Crux. I tried this with other recipients and the same thing happened. Maybe a bug, or a game change from the recommended unofficial patches and the CompUSA addon, I can't say really but this is my experience with the game.
Thanks for all the guides & walkthroughs here on UESP.net by the way, I appreciate it! // 220.127.116.11 14:44, 17 January 2012 (UTC) //
- I saw this in a youtube video, but it did not work for me. Is the first stage different for every playthrough? 18.104.22.168 14:58, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
I don't know if someone have simmilar experience but I actually ended stucked in target (in that "thrown bolt") it was imposible to move at all for me. Also you can't go to final part with levitation because doorframe, where tilted sword aims is blocked i you don't use crossbow. after a long time, and few tries later, I've figured that you may use halberd on a platform itself and not in a crossbow notch, that ported me on target in a right way. Hope it helps someone — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 20:19 on 23 June 2013
- Yes, I had this problem too...the crossbow shoots you INTO the upper platform at the base of the giant sword and not ONTO it (in my case, it did this all the time, whether I was standing on the lower platform when I activated the halberd, or when I was standing in the "notch" itself). Either you wind up stuck there forever or you eventually fall through the rest of the platform and die. My solution was to cast a Recall anchor at the base of the crossbow, shoot myself up, and then teleport back with Recall again. Then just levitate up to the base of the giant sword and walk up it to the doorway. 126.96.36.199 04:34, 2 May 2014 (GMT)PrimeSlime
- I found another solution. After getting stuck, you can use alt-F11 to return to last position. This will not reset the dungeon and the sword will still be lowered. You should be able to just walk up the sword or levitat to the exit now. If it doesn't work you can save and reload then alt-F11 to be sent back to the island with the bust you started the dungeon on. From here you can just walk through the teleporters and such you can get back to the sword island and continue the dungeon. PhoenixGamer (talk) 20:45, 23 February 2015 (GMT)