- Talk to the Quester of a knightly order.
- Head to the dungeon the quest giver points you to.
- Find and kill the nightblade.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
Speak to the Quester of a knightly order that you don't belong to, and he says:
- "You are not yet a trusted member of our knightly order, (player's name). However, I think I know a way you can earn our trust. There is a traitor to the order in (current city name), a dastardly nightblade who has betrayed us to our enemies. Death is a fair punishment for treason, don't you think (player's name)? Will you do this for the order?"
The Quester goes on:
- "The traitor is a nightblade named (traitor's name) who is hiding like a craven coward in (dungeon). If you have not returned in (time limit) days, our trust is forfeit and another will take your place."
The Quester answers:
- "Don't expect any favors from this knightly order anytime soon."
Find the Turncoat
This is a standard dungeon crawl. Go to the dungeon the quest giver mentions to you and find the target, a nightblade. Nightblades are dangerous enemies who can attack from a distance with bows or up close with Destruction magic, so you may wish to bring potions of healing or magic resistance. There may be multiple nightblades within the dungeon, but when you have found and slain the traitor, you receive the following message:
- You have killed (traitor's name), the nightblade. The knightly order will be proud."
Return to the Quester after completing your task and he will say:
- "Maybe you are not as bad as they say. (Player's name), you have earned a bit of respect with this knightly order."
There is a 33% chance he will also give you the location of a dungeon, adding:
- "As a token of our appreciation, please accept this map to (random dungeon), a foul, vermin-infested hole by all accounts. Just the kind of place a budding knight should enjoy cleaning up."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+10|
A failed quest will result in a reputation loss as seen in the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-4|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One nightblade
- Aside from the dialogue, this quest is essentially identical to the quest Retribution that is offered by Knightly Orders; however; this quest is only offered to non-members.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That nightblade ran off to (dungeon) like the hounds of hell were behind him."
- "(Quester's name) can't just let (traitor's name) go after what (he/she) did to the knightly order."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Traitor's name) is apparently tougher than (Quester's name) thought. What an escape."
- "(Traitor's name) has moved north I hear, but (his/her) memory still plagues the order."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Traitor's name)'s story just proves it. You don't play around with the (knightly order)."
- "I always thought the Order would be more merciful to a dolt like (traitor's name)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "I'd be happy to help you however I can, killer."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Your heart is too soft, (player's first name). Don't waste my time."
|The Traitor (b0c00y05)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of (town) has sent me to find and slay a nightblade called (traitor's name) who is slinking around in (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to accomplish this.|