- Talk to a Quester of your Knightly Order.
- Head to the dungeon where the traitor is hiding.
- Find and kill the nightblade.
- Return to the Quester within the time limit.
Speak to the Quester, who says:
- "We have a traitor in (town), a villainous Nightblade who has turned against (his/her) brethren. Our honor is at stake, (player's guild title). Join our righteous fury."
- "(Knightly order) has been betrayed by a perfidious Nightblade. Will you help us track the cowardly villain down and destroy (him/her)?"
The Quester goes on:
- "Very good. The traitor is a Nightblade named (traitor's name) who has taken refuge in (dungeon) to the (direction). If you have not returned in (time limit) days, your honor will be forfeit and another will take your place. Do not fail us in this, (player's first name)."
The Quester answers:
- "An ignoble reply. I expected better."
Deal With the Double-Dealing Defector
This is a standard dungeon crawl. Go to the dungeon the Quester mentions to you and find the target, a nightblade. Nightblades are dangerous enemies who can attack from a distance with bows or up close with Destruction magic, so you may wish to bring potions of healing or magic resistance. There may be multiple nightblades within the dungeon, but when you have find and kill the traitor, you receive the following message:
- You have slain (traitor's name), the nightblade.
Upon your return, the Quester says:
- "Well done. You have reason to be proud."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||-|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||-|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||-|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||-|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Nightblade
- Aside from the dialogue, this quest is essentially identical to the quest The Traitor that is offered by Knightly Orders; however, this quest is only offered to those who have joined that particular Order.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That nightblade ran off to (dungeon) like the hounds of hell were behind him."
- "(Quester's name) can't just let (traitor's name) go after what (he/she) did to the (knightly order)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Traitor's name) is apparently tougher than (Quester's name) thought. What an escape."
- "(Traitor's name) has moved north I hear, but (his/her) memory still plagues the order."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Traitor's name)'s story just proves it. You don't play around with the (knightly order)."
- "I always thought the Order would be more merciful to a dolt like (traitor's name)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You have proven yourself in the (traitor's name) affair. How can we help you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Knightly order)has been embarrassed by the (traitor's name) affair. What do you want now?"
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The (knightly order) in (town) has sent me to find and slay a Nightblade called (traitor's name) in (his/her) hideout, (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to accomplish this.|