- Talk to a Quester of your Knightly Order.
- Head to the dungeon the Quester points you to.
- Find the princess.
- Escort her back to the Quester within the time limit.
A Noble Abductee
Speak to the Quester, who says:
- "(Player's first name), the Princess (princess' name) has been captured from our protection, and it is the responsibility of us knights to rescue her. Unfortunately, many of our members are off fighting in the war. In the truest spirit of chivalry, will you go to rescue the princess from the vampire who has captured her?"
- "The war has busied the order to such a degree that important duties such as protecting the virtue of the noblewomen of (region) has fallen rather by the wayside. There is literally no one available to rescue Princess (princess' name) who was carried off the other day. Are you free for this most worthy of quests?"
The Quester goes on:
- "You will? I must say, your heart is brave. A vampire is a fearsome foe. Be certain to prepare for a battle. Do not be foolhardy -- we care only for the rescue of the princess. If the vampire can be left alone, leave him. And if you are not returned in (time limit) days, we will assume that you have failed, and someone will be sent in your place. I am certain you do not want someone else to earn the honor of the rescue. May (random god) bless your journey to (dungeon)."
The Quester answers:
- "Ah, that is not the spirit of our order. There is nothing more important to us than protecting the virtue of the innocent."
Saving the Fair Maiden
A day or so after accepting the quest, you may receive a letter if your reputation with the regional Vampire Clan exceeds 20:
- "A small, thin, pale little boy hisses at you and slips a note into your hand. He vanishes almost the moment you notice him."
The letter reads:
- ''Dear (player's first name),
- If you were hesitating in that quest out of
- reasonable fear that your dear friends, the vampires
- of (region) would not want you to foil the
- rather lascivious plans of one of its order, do not
- fear. (Vampire's name) is about
- as precious to our cold hearts as a puddle of month
- old spew.
- Enjoy yourself. And, if you are so inclined,
- enjoy (princess' name).
- Your Dear Friends,
- The Oldest Power in (region)
Head to the dungeon where the princess is being held. Once you are there, there is a 15% chance at every 40 in-game minutes that a rat will appear nearby and attack you. The rat can appear 100 times at most. You only need to find the princess within; you may also encounter her kidnapper, a vampire. Kill it, and a notification appears:
- You have just slain the vampire, the stuff of (princess' name)'s nightmares.
Killing the vampire is not necessary to complete the quest, and aside from any loot found on its body, you'll get nothing extra for doing so.
When you find the princess, she exclaims:
- "You're (player's first name)! Thank (random god)! I'm Lady (princess' name), let's get out of here now."
Leave the dungeon and escort the Lady back to the Order.
When you deliver the princess to the Quester, he will say:
- "Princess (princess' name), may I more officially introduce you to your good rescuer, (player's name). You have done a fine and honorable thing this day, my friend, and it shall not be forgotten."
If the quest's time limit expires while escorting the princess, she will leave you and head back home on her own:
- Lady (princess' name) leaves you, intent on making her own way home.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||-|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||-|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||-|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||-|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- 100x One Rat every forty in-game minutes (15% chance) once you enter the dungeon
- Princess' Kidnapper: One Vampire
- This quest may not be offered at Knightly Orders located in the capital cities of Daggerfall, Sentinel, or Wayrest. If you wish to be offered this quest, you should inquire at an Order in one of the smaller cities in the region.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Poor Princess (princess' name). When her father gets to (current town), he will be furious."
- "(Quester's name) promised Princess (princess' name)'s father that she would be protected."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Princess managed to escape (dungeon) by herself. Some knightly valor."
- "The Princess just wandered in (current town) by herself, pale from bloodloss."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The knights are celebrating the heroism of the great (player's race) who rescued (princess' name)."
- "Lady (princess' name) has begun writing poetry about the valorous (player's race) who rescued her."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Greetings, (player's guild title). You'll be happy to know that Lady (princess' name) is doing well."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "What a fiasco that Lady (princess' name) affair was. I imagine you want it behind you."
|The Princess (b0b00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of (knightly order) in (town) has given me a quest to rescue the fair Lady (princess' name) from (dungeon), where she has been captured and imprisoned by a vampire. I have (time limit) days to rescue her before someone else is sent to win my honor and glory.|