Daggerfall:Old Unofficial FAQ/Artifacts
This is the Artifacts section of the Unofficial FAQ, version 0.992. The text version of the FAQ was released on 24 August 1996, but the web version was last updated on 13 November 2006. More current information on Daggerfall artifacts can be found at Artifacts.
- This is an archive of a historical document and should not be edited other than formatting, links, or minor typos.
This section, Daggerfall's Artifacts, lists the artifacts available in the game. Currently this consists of most of the artifacts from Arena.
Warning: This Area Is Under Construction.
Daggerfall has all 16 of the Arena artifacts (but none are in the demo). Bethesda advises that they will be treated differently in Daggerfall to Arena. The FAQ Co-Authors still suspect that many of their features will be the same, so in the meantime, we present a listing of the Artifacts, with relevant Arena characteristics. Since they do have different characteristics to Arena, it is very unlikely that you will be able to transport any over with an Arena character. This will be revised as soon as we know more. Bethesda also advises that there are further artifacts specific to Daggerfall, but at this stage they aren't releasing any details.
Object Description / Weight (kg) / Condition When Found / Unhaggled Down Price for the Artifacts Rumor in Gold Pieces
Use: Normal class restrictions apply, eg. mages can't use the Ebony Blade, as it is a katana. Artifact rings and amulets can be worn simultaneously with their normal counterparts. Each artifact disappears after a fixed number of uses, (the number increases with your characters level), & will then only be available through a quest again. You can increase its life expectancy by not using its artifact properties, or by having the item repaired (the latter restores the item to its original number of charges it had when you first found it). Repairing artifacts in Arena was normally expensive. It is unknown whether Daggerfall contains the Arena bug allowing you to have artifacts repaired for 13 gold by a shopkeeper in less than 15 hours.
- AURIEL'S BOW
- Elven LongBow / 1 / New / 800
- Use: -3AC overall, damage: 2-12, fires spell (save vs. Magic) that kills type unknown, provides invulnerability to lesser attacks
- AURIEL'S SHIELD
- Kite Ebony Shield / 8 / ? / 710
- Use: -3 AC overall, Fire and magick resistance
- Claymore / 14 / New / 560
- Use: damage: 2-18, heals, resist fire, reflect spells
- EBONY BLADE
- Ebony Sword / 6 / New / ?
- Use: damage: 3-16, unknown death spell, save vs. magic
- EBONY MAIL
- Ebony Plate Armor / 16 / ? / ?
- Use: AC -9 overall, resist fire, spells; shielded
- KING ORGHNUM'S COFFER
- Chest / ? / ? / 890
- Use: Provides 1-100 gold, once per day.
- LORD'S MAIL
- Plate Armor / 16 / New / 500
- Use: torso -9AC, resist spells, regenerate, cure poison
- NECROMANCER'S AMULET
- Robes / NA / ? / 680
- Use: -9AC overall, absorb/reflect spells, regenerate, increases users intelligence
- RING OF KHAJIIT
- Ring / NA / ? / ?
- Use: -6AC overall, invisibility, user becomes non-target, increases users speed
- RING OF PHYNASTER
- Ring / ? / ? / ?
- Use: -6AC overall, resist poison, spells, shock, shield?
- SKELETON KEY
- Key / NA / ? / 830
- Use: once per day, anyone can unlock non-magically locked doors or chest. Skilled lockpickers can open some magically locked doors.
- SPELL BREAKER
- Tower Shield / ? / ? / ?
- Use: ?
- STAFF OF MAGNUS
- Staff / 3 / New / 590
- Use: damage: 1-8, regenerates hit and spell points
- Dwarven War Hammer / 16 / New / 620
- Use: damage: 3-18, gives health to user, paralysis, leaches strength
- WARLOCK'S RING
- Ring / ? / ? / 770
- Use: reflects spells, increases users speed, heals
|Prev: Encounters||Up: Old Unofficial FAQ||Next: Power Up|