|# of Zones||1|
|Respawn Time||10 days or 30 days|
|Heavy Armor Forging|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|East of High Hrothgar|
|# of Corundum||1|
Pinepeak Cavern is a small bear cave located along the Treva River. Following the road north out of Ivarstead, cross the river as if you were going to climb the 7,000 steps to High Hrothgar, and at the start of the steps turn north. The cave is on the opposite shore from town.
- Animal Extermination: Fulfill a contract given to the Companions to clear out a beast den. (radiant)
- Arniel's Endeavor: Uncover an ancient Dwemer secret. (radiant)
- A New Order: Recruit Isran's old allies for the Dawnguard. (radiant)
- Note: This location is one of many potential targets for one or more of the radiant quests found on this page.
Upon entering you are in a short tunnel opening out into the main cave, there is blood splattered on the floor. There is a rock formation on the middle and a ledge starting on your right and curving around the cave to opposite you. A bear will sleeping or roaming at the end of the ledge. There is nothing else of interest on the ledge. By the ledge, below the bear is an unlocked chest, a leveled potion of healing, a smashed cart, a pickaxe, a medium coin purse and a kettle containing a diamond. To the right is the remains of some poor unfortunate person, among the bones is an iron dagger. Finally to the right of this is a corundum ore vein and a copy of the Smithing skill book Heavy Armor Forging.
- You may not be able to pick up the diamond. Nudge the kettle making it move a bit or more without dislodging the diamond. You can now pick the diamond out of the kettle. You can also use Unrelenting Force shout on the kettle, then pick up the diamond.