|Your Voice is raw power, pushing aside anything - or anyone - who stands in your path.|
|Ro||Greater stagger effect||20|
Unrelenting Force is a shout that pushes objects and entities. Weak versions of the shout stagger enemies and slightly push objects, while the strongest version will throw objects a great distance and turn enemies into a ragdoll, briefly rendering them helpless.
Meditating on the word Fus with Paarthurnax grants you the ability Force Without Effort. This ability causes enemies to be staggered 25% more, while you are recoiled 25% less, applying to both Unrelenting Force as well as power attacks and any other form of stagger.
After completing the quest inside the Black Book Epistolary Acumen there are three abilities to choose from. One of them, Dragonborn Force, increases the damage output of Unrelenting Force, and there is a chance of disintegrating enemies when using all three words, if your foe's health is low enough.
- This shout can be useful when fighting an enemy who can be pushed off a high location: falling damages and kills NPCs easier than it does you.
- This can also be used at low power to momentarily stun a foe, opening up their defenses for an attack.
- The shout can also be used to open draugr tombs that lie on the ground in dungeons (though not those propped against walls).
- This shout can be used to detonate rune traps and tripwires from a safe distance.
- If the shout is used against fish in water, they will die and float on the water.
- The shout will also kill insects in the air, dropping their remains to the ground where they can be collected for use in alchemy.
- Fall damage is not applied to the victim until a few seconds after the target has come to a complete stop, right before they start getting back up. As such, you may find that an opponent may appear to spontaneously die with no apparent explanation after surviving a fall.
- Even with all three words of this shout and the Force Without Effort perk you can only stagger a dragon; it is impossible to make a living dragon ragdoll. This same immunity also applies to Dwarven automatons, mammoths, and a myriad of other enemies in Skyrim. Other creatures and NPCs which cannot be ragdolled using this shout include: Arngeir, ash guardiansDB, Borri, dragon priests, Einarth, Felldir the Old, flame atronachs, frost atronachs, Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, Hakon One-Eye, KarstaagDB, lurkersDB, MiraakDB, mounted rieklingsDB, seekersDB, storm atronachs, Tsun, and Wulfgar.
- Typically, those immune are creatures that fall apart when dying and entering a ragdoll state, or are plot-critical NPCs located around an area with a large drop nearby.
- This is the most commonly used shout by draugr, often making you ragdoll, with the illusion that you have died. To distinguish this ragdoll from real death, look for the pulsing red hue on your screen; if it is not there, you're fine. If it is there, either you are close to death, or have already died. For death, the game will abruptly cut music and replace it with a somber tone, revealing another giveaway. It is also possible to jump during the animation of getting back up, even while the body is still in the prone position where it first landed.
- Use caution when attacking enemies that use this shout while you are riding a dragon. It can knock you off your dragon and the fall damage can easily claim your life.
- The effects of this shout are governed by the Destruction skill. As such, among other things, Ward spells (including the ward created by blocking with Spellbreaker) completely negate the effects of draugr's Unrelenting Force shout on you and thus prevent the ragdoll effect.
Word Wall TranslationEdit
|Fus||HET NOK F1L V4LOK
D2NM1R DO DOV4GOLZ
4RK 1N FUS DO UNSL1D
R4GOL 4RK VULOM
|Here lies the guardian
Keeper of (the) dragonstone
And a force of unending
Rage and darkness
|HET NOK FaaL VahLOK
DeiNMaaR DO DOVahGOLZ
ahRK aaN FUS DO UNSLaaD
RahGOL ahRK VULOM
- Sometimes when using the shout, it may fail to work.
- Using a shield bash can fix this.