|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Chat with Edwinna Elbert about duties.
- Travel to Nchuleftingth to check on Senilias Cadiusus.
- Turn the east crank in the Test of Pattern section.
- Find Anes's body in the Lower Levels, loot it for the report and the book.
- Return to Edwinna.
Senilias with his daughter
Edwinna Elbert in the Ald'ruhn Guild of Mages asks you to check on a colleague, Senilias Cadiusus, in the Dwemer ruin of Nchuleftingth as his last excavation report is long overdue. The ruins can be found far northeast of Suran (which is in turn northeast of Vivec).
The Dwemer Ruins of Nchuleftingth
Once you arrive at the ruins, Senilias and his daughter are quickly found just inside. It appears they have been having problems and their guide, Anes Vendu, is missing. Since Anes was writing the report, you'll have to find him before you can return. Enter the Test of Pattern section to find three cranks along the northeastern wall. Using the easternmost one will open a door to the south revealing a door to the Lower Levels (the other ones are a trap and damage you). You'll find the corpse of Anes at the bottom of the Lower Level, next to a disabled Dwemer robot and the book Hanging Gardens of Wasten Coridale. Pick up the book, loot Anes' body for his report, and return to Senilias, who will direct you to take the report back to Edwinna.
Back in Ald'ruhn
Upon returning to Edwinna with the report, you are rewarded with an increase in Disposition. If you also picked up Hanging Gardens of Wasten Coridale, Edwinna will mention that she thinks it might be useful, if you can find someone who knows Aldmeris.
- You do not have to be a member of the Mages Guild to get this quest. If your Disposition with Hasphat Antabolis, who you will meet early in the main quest, is at least 70 and you speak to him about Nchuleftingth, he will give you a letter of introduction. Then speak with Senilias, find Anes, and report to Edwinna to get the same reward.
- If you have already achieved the rank of Warlock at the time of this quest, it may be convenient to take the Staff of Magnus quest from Ajira at the same time, as Assu is located almost directly on the path from Molag Mar to Nchuleftingth.
The following Quest_ID and Index codes can be used with the
Journal Console command to manually update the quest to a certain point.
|Nchuleftingth Expedition (MG_Excavation)
||Hasphat Antabolis gave me a letter of introduction to Senilias Cadiusus, the head of the expedition at Nchuleftingth.
||Edwinna has asked me to check up on Senilias Cadiusus in Nchuleftingth. I can get to Nchuleftingth by either going northeast over the mountains near Suran and following the Foyada Nadanat northeast or by starting in Molag Mar and going northwest and following the Foyada north around Mount Kand.
||Senilius told me that he doesn't have an excavation report due to some "setbacks."
||Senilius Cadiusus told me that Anes Vendu had the excavation report with him when he disappeared in the lower levels of Nchuleftingth. Senilius asked me to try and find out what happened to Anes Vendu
||I found Anes Vendu's body.
||I told Senilias Cadiusus what happened to Anes Vendu. Senilias asked me to return the excavation report to Edwinna Elbert in Ald'ruhn.
||I delivered the excavation report to Edwinna.
||I delivered the excavation report to Edwinna. She told me that the book I found, "Hanging Gardens of Wasten Coridale," is written in both Dwemer and classic Altmer and might be useful to a scholar of Dwemer literature.