|• People • Travel • Notes • Around Suran • Quests • Maps • Homes •|
|Region: Ascadian Isles|
Suran is a medium-sized town situated on the eastern coast of Lake Masobi, within the Ascadian Isles. The town was constructed by the Hlaalu Construction Syndic in the mid-Second Era, having been contracted by House Redoran; although some sources indicate that the original settlement had been built long before then. Its architecture resembles a typical Hlaalu market town, complete with a watchtower and a small temple. House Redoran originally controlled the town, but it was later taken over by House Hlaalu. During the late Third Era it served as the northern headquarters for Hlaalu slavers doing business with nearby plantations. Suran also functions as a stopover for pilgrims and adventurers heading northeast into the Molag Amur region and Mount Kand.
Main Town Square
Desele's House of Earthly Delights, an interesting tavern to go for a good time, is located west of the main town square. There are several traders, a Smith, a Clothier and an Apothecary around the square.
Oran Manor and Temple
Located on a hill to the east, an Orc warrior on patrol on the stairs is clad in Glass Armor. The priest Elynu Saren in the small Tribunal Temple serves pilgrims with spells and potions. Oran Manor is the home of a Hlaalu Noble, Avon Oran. The manor has a pawnbroker and a few trainers.
Avon Oran is upstairs in his manor.
For a complete list, see People.
Getting There and Around
The Silt Strider port is up the stairs next to the Guard tower. A good road leads west along the Lake past the Fields of Kummu to Pelagiad and beyond. A path east leads to Molag Mar and onto a Foyada to Mount Kand and beyond. An easy way to get there is taking the Silt Strider from Balmora.
- There is a great deal of loot to be had for the crafty thief. Ebony Darts and an Ebony Right Bracer are on display at Goldyn Belaram's store. Those wanting to stay on the legal side of the law can acquire a cheap Glass Dagger, they'll just have to repair it.
- At Desele's, there are two bottles of Skooma just lying around. To get them, jump on the table or bar, then jump again. You should hit the ceiling and while you're up as high as you can jump, you can take the bottle. If you're spotted, Desele will be the only one mad at you, and your bounty will not go up. After all, Skooma is illegal.
- There is also one more bottle of Skooma on the bar and another on a table.
- A Sword of White Woe is under the bunk bed at the top of the guard tower. You will need to taunt and kill the guard first or he'll see you and give you a large fine.
- Even though there is a Dunmer Temple in Suran, there are no shrines inside it. Therefore an Almsivi Intervention takes you to Vivec.
Places of Interest Around Suran
- The Daedric shrine of Ald Sotha lies to the south, and Bal Ur to the north, just up the river.
- The Stronghold Marandus is to the north, beyond Bal Ur.
- The mountain to the east is the stalking ground of Umbra, a weary but dangerous Orc warrior.
- Desele's Debt: Collect some debt money from Helviane Desele in Suran.
- Bandits in Suran: Get rid of some bandits in Suran for Avon Oran.
- Inanius Egg Mine: Kill a queen in the Inanius Egg Mine near Suran.
- The Drunken Bounty Hunter: Help a drunk bounty hunter in Suran track down an escaped Argonian slave.
- Sleepers Awake: Save several people from Dagoth Ur's spell.
- Umbra: Help this depressed Orc warrior in achieving his final request.