Daggerfall Unity is a fan-made open source project to recreate Daggerfall in the Unity engine.
Features and improvements
Daggerfall Unity features a variety of improvements over classic Daggerfall, such as:
- Native support for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Many screen resolutions
- Open source code allowing for transparent modifications
- Much easier modding through Unity and C#
- Improved enemy behavior
- Terrain generation with far greater height variance
- Fewer bugs
- A far greater view distance even without applying mods
- New quest actions and conditions
- A quest debugger to show status for all active quests
- Native translation support
As of September 2019, Daggerfall Unity's latest stable build is version 0.10.7. The project's current development stage is listed on the Roadmap.
- Installing — A guide on installing Daggerfall Unity
- Frequently Asked Questions — Common issues encountered when installing Daggerfall Unity
- Settings — Explaining each of the settings in Daggerfall Unity
- Bugs Fixed — A listing of bugs fixed in the transition from Daggerfall to Daggerfall Unity
- Character Creation Differences — Why creating a character in Daggerfall Unity is different than in Daggerfall
- Gameplay Differences — Differences in how Daggerfall Unity works from Daggerfall
- The Console — How to use the in-game console commands
- Popular Mods — A non-comprehensive selection of some of the popular mods available for Daggerfall Unity
- Installing Mods — Instructions on how to apply the various types of Daggerfall Unity mods
- Mod Creation — Technical information about creating your own mods for Daggerfall Unity
- The Daggerfall Workshop website The main development page, including updates and news.
- The Daggerfall Workshop forums Web forums with help, support, and up-to-date information regarding Daggerfall Unity and its mods.
- Live Builds The page to download the current version of Daggerfall Unity.
- The Daggerfall Unity section of Nexus Mods For hosting and organization of several mods.