Skyrim talk:The Book of Love
- 1 Quest Reward
- 2 Possible Glitch & Fix
- 3 Klimmek is a dunce! bug
- 4 quest reward
- 5 Got stuck after "Talk to Klimmek or Bassianus"
- 6 Bug after reuniting Ruki and Fenrig
- 7 Bug Section
- 8 Possibly broken in 1.6?
- 9 Possible Glitch:
- 10 moved from article
- 11 Quest Not Starting
- 12 Multiple Amulets of Mara
- 13 Ruki and Fenrig and Mara's Tear
- 14 New bug
- 15 They can get stuck flying
- 16 Faleen and Calcelmo bug
- 17 Missing Fenrig?
- 18 Reference to A View From The Bridge
The reward for this quest line is a permanent ability "Agent of Mara" that grants +15% magic resistance. 18.104.22.168 15:08, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- However, as noted below, it is NOT listed as "Agent of Mara" in Active Effects, it is listed as "Resist Magic". When you scroll into it you will see the display box show "Agent of Mara". If you are playing as a Breton you will have "Resist Magic" shown twice, once for Breton Blood and once for Agent of Mara. Philbert 19:09, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
Possible Glitch & Fix
This glitched for me after the objective 'Deliver Faleen's letter' failed to update. It might've occurred because I had won the war for the Stormcloaks and he had to run over to The Blue Palace... At the time I had given up on it as a glitched quest and at some point I bought Dwarven Boots with some enchantment I wanted to disenchant from a merchant and it started the 'Buy Dwarven Artifact' quest. Some combination of bringing Calcemo the boots and seeing him meet Faleen in person updated this quest. BMFPoochie 08:34, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
- The same thing happened to me, as well as many of the other glitches. I saw Calcelmo run out of Understone Keep, then I waited (about 5 hours) until he got to Solitude. I fast traveled to the Blue Palace, and it was almost immediately fixed as I watched the two meet. — Unsigned comment by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 06:27 on 31 October 2013 (GMT)
Klimmek is a dunce! bug
I've talked to klimmek and wen through the conversation options with him. He ran off to fastred but wouldn't initiate conversation; he's just standing there... Any Ideas on how to fix this? — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 16:31 on 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- I've got the same issue on PS3. Waited for a few minutes, went across bridge and killed a cave bear, came back and nothing happened. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 20:38 on 31 December 2011 (UTC)
I finished this quest, but didn't receive the ability as reward, it said in the corner "agent of mara added", but it is nowhere to be found — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 00:14 on 12 December 2011 2010 (UTC)
- It should be in your Active Effects list, titled "Resist Magic". The Invisible Chocobo 05:02, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
Got stuck after "Talk to Klimmek or Bassianus"
Quest didn't advance despite talking to one of them (Bassianus) and him deciding to elope. (He also just kind of vanished from the face of Skyrim)
To fix this I used the console command: SetStage t02 30
- you gotta tell either one of them, to go talk the girl. if you choose the 2nd option on both guys, which pretty much says that they shouldn't bother yes the quest doesn't advance... but it's only natural to happen so... 220.127.116.11 22:44, 26 December 2011 (UTC)
- I can confirm this bug. Talked to Klimmek but canceled the dialog with TAB. Then talked to Bassianus and convinced him. He runned to the house of the girl and the quest got stuck. --18.104.22.168 21:29, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't follow Bassianus after speaking with him, was too busy pickpocketing Klimmek and cleaning out their house. No update on the quest, and using my alteration spell to see the quest pathway leads me to a pile of rocks on the honey farm outside Riften. Lockestep 11:56, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't follow Bassianus either, after speaking with him. Quest didn't update and the map markers disappeared. When I visited Fastred's home though, both of them were inside, talking, and the quest updated.22.214.171.124 03:21, 22 December 2012 (GMT)
Bug after reuniting Ruki and Fenrig
I brought Fenrig to Ruki and then midway through their discussion a skeever showed up. Fenrig went to fight it and Ruki ran away for a moment. I killed the skeever and they continued their discussion but they floated up into the sky at different times. Ruki first, then Fenrig. Once they reached the top they fell down to the ground again. This happened twice. Now they are hovering about a foot off the ground. My quest marker is on Ruki and nothing is happening. Xbox 360— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 18:31 on 7 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the fast travel hint, I had The same problem with the two of them hovering, but had nothing to do with an enemy showing up. Perhaps this is just an XBOX 360 bug? 188.8.131.52 04:32, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
I have been unable to recreated the listed bug of having Agent of Dibella preventing the Agent of Mara effect. I have gotten Dibella first and have yet to have it NOT give me the 15% Resist Magic. Can someone check if this is specific to one platform. I'm on 360 Patched up to date. Lord Eydvar 01:30, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed NOT A BUG for PC 1.3 -> I fear the writer simply went and looked for Agent of Mara as an effect and did not find it - but it's there under Resist Magic alright. 184.108.40.206 19:23, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for checking and good to know! All it is is a lack of consistency :) Lord Eydvar 04:26, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
Possibly broken in 1.6?
For me, this completely locks up Skyrim after Faleen tells Calcelmo to "come here" (sometimes the quest objective complete sound effect plays); the crash is so bad that Skyrim won't even alt-tab away properly, but can still be closed with task manager from a second monitor. Reloading from a while before I've even spoken to Calcelmo doesn't seem to stop it from crashing, plus I've got no mods installed that change anything to do with quests or character animations or anything much really - I've had no other problems with 1.6 at all. Anyone else confirm this, or is it just me? 220.127.116.11 04:00, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Somebody else reported this exact same problem on the Steam forums; whereas I used console commands to advance the quest after leaving, they simply left the palace & re-entered later, which apparently works. 18.104.22.168 17:54, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- I had the same problem, and I can confirm that leaving the Keep and re-entering after a few minutes works. 22.214.171.124 18:29, 3 October 2012 (GMT)
I just visited the temple of Mara and tried to start the quest. The guide says she gives you a amulet of Mara at the beginning. When i start the quest, She does not give me an Amulet. Is this a bug? or is the guide wrong? Playing on PS3. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 06:50 on 24 July 2012
- I think the guide might be wrong. In ABCface◥ 07:02, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
, it looks like you don't get it until after the Calcelmo & Faleen part of the quest (not at the beginning). Could you try waiting until you've finished that part of the quest to see if that's the case?
- I am currently doing the quest. I will write what I find out. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 07:07 on 24 July 2012
- She does give you the amulet after the second task, Thank you for the help and i believe this should be changed in the guide. At the very least, maybe mention right before the last task that she gives you the amulet? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 07:22 on 24 July 2012
- I am currently doing the quest. I will write what I find out. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 07:07 on 24 July 2012
moved from article
moved from article:
- Playing on the PC (game version 18.104.22.168.6), when Calcelmo rushes to Feleen and confesses his love the game is reported to freeze just after she responds when the field of view (fov) was set to 90 instead of the standard value. Backing up your Skyrimprefs.ini file and generating a new one may resolve this issue. You can restore your original copy after completing the quest stage.
- added by 22.214.171.124 at 18:57, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
This sounds like a one-off to me, or something which wouldn't happen in normal gameplay, so I don't think it's relevant to the article. If anyone else has similar issues (without forcing the bug), please say so, and it can be added back. Until then, I think this is the best place for it. ABCface◥ 15:26, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
Quest Not Starting
Is there some prerequisite before Dinya will offer the quest? I keep trying to talk to her, but she doesn't even have any conversation options; just a cycle of commentary. SonGoharotto 20:12, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Do you have the "Spread the Love" quest active?If so,then you need to finish it.After you finish it,you should be able to start this quest.--Skyrimplayer 20:21, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Nope. I don't get anything out of Dinya other than a general greeting. SonGoharotto 20:52, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Well,if you're on the PC you could use console commands to force the quest to start.--Skyrimplayer 20:57, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Playing on Xbox. On my last playthrough, I got this quest only after getting married, but by then I was already near-level cap with custom-enchanted endgame gear. This time around, I figured I'd get the Agent of Mara power early on, when that extra 15% Resist Magic would still make a difference. SonGoharotto 23:13, 3 August 2012 (UTC)
- Try attacking her,when she falls to her knees(essential NPCs do this),just yield to the guards,and go to jail.If the guards won't accept your yielld,then run to the Castle and the guards there should give you the standard options,just pay the fine or go to jail.I hope this works.--Skyrimplayer 03:00, 4 August 2012 (UTC)
Multiple Amulets of Mara
I am running into an issue where I got to the stage where it tells you to put on the Amulet of Mara. Having been through the game once already I knew that this was an annoying and extremely boring part of this quest so I decided I'd come back to it later. I went about my business doing other quests and clearing dungeons and acquired other amulets. I have 4 (may or may not matter, at least 1 is stolen) and when I put on the Amulet of Mara it does not register as it is apparently not the one that was given to me. Seeing as I am on 360 I cannot drop the "quest item" even though it is clearly not the quest item. This would be a fairly easy bug to replicate seeing as it only requires multiple amulets of Mara to be purchased/stolen after you are given the actual Quest issued one.
Unfortunately for me this quest will remain unfinished on this game save unless an official patch comes out to fix Quest Items being flagged the same as their normal counterparts in the inventory. — Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:09 on 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, this is happening to me as well. One being stolen is likely to matter in my opinion; I have 2 with one being stolen. The stolen items appear first so you can never equip the right one. Anyone have any ideas at all for fixing this on the console?--Catmaniac66 (talk) 01:51, 28 December 2012 (GMT)
- On Xbox:If the original quest Amulet of Mara is not removed from neck it is possible to steal additional Amulets of Mara and the quest will complete. The stolen one will still stack on top.I too couldn't complete quest when I removed original amulet and happened to steal another one. The only way I could fix this was reload to previous save make sure I didn't remove original amulet from my neck then I could steal the other ones and complete quest. Apologies if I didn't post this in wrong spot. — Unsigned comment by Mari1672 (talk • contribs) at 06:07 on 26 August 2014 (GMT)
- On PS3: I accidentally had this glitch where I picked up multiple Amulets of Mara, and at least one was stolen. I tried buying one to see if that would fix it, and it didn't. Then I realized the only way to have all of your stolen stuff taken, no matter what, is to get caught committing a crime. I just stole an iron ingot, then equipped the Amulet of Mara (even though I still had multiple ones, but they weren't stolen), and the quest updated! I think this should be added as a fix in the bugs section. --188.8.131.52 21:33, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Ruki and Fenrig and Mara's Tear
Just putting my bug here as well for any possible discussion. The bug of being unable to put on the correct Amulet of Mara has been experienced by myself and at least one other user that poster. Verification would be helpful, as I'm not entirely sure if ALL amulets are bad. The key factor could just be that one of them is stolen, thus registering first all the time in the inventory screen. Also any non console fixes would be appreciated. I also don't have a problem with the tweaks already made to it :-D--Catmaniac66 (talk) 19:37, 28 December 2012 (GMT)
- No this is definitely a nasty bug. It happens when you've been given the amulet and THEN find another one. I've got about five of them now, guess I'm forced to console-drop them (they're quest items), so let's hope that works. Whether this is fixed by a(n unoffical) patch, I don't know, but do note that I'm playing with an outdate save file (I didn't think of starting a new game, I picked an old prisoner save to skip the intro), and it seems to render some fixes useless ~ Dwarfmp (talk) 16:11, 20 February 2013 (GMT)
- I've marked the bug confirmed and added a way to work around it for PC. PC players can use the following console commands to work around this bug:
stopquest t02, then
resetquest t02, and finally
setstage t02 100. Return to Dinya Balu to finish the quest.
- I also removed the following bit, as it didn't work for me:"Use the console command
player.removeitem c891b x, where "x" is one less than the number of Amulets of Mara in your possession. This will remove all of the amulets except one." Using the console to drop the amulets one at a time and picking them back up one at a time didn't work. The proper amulet seems to lose its quest alias reference when you pick up another, so even if you pick it back up and put it on, it still won't work. --184.108.40.206 07:52, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
They can get stuck flying
"Both Ruki and Fenrig can ascend into the sky and then fall. After that, they ascend a few feet off of the ground and stay there. ? Simply reload the last known save before both meet to fix the issue. Waiting for one hour may also fix the problem." I can confirm that this bug does indeed happen. I have the latest version and all the unofficial patches, but they got stuck in mid-air. --220.127.116.11 01:36, 21 May 2013 (GMT)
- I, too, encountered this bug on PC, running the latest updates and latest unofficial patches. I reloaded my save a few times and it still glitched, the ghosts fell to the ground and stayed there. (Ruki amused me by saying "Nothing can stop me" while she was stuck on the ground.) I also play Skyrim with an altered timescale, 10 instead of the default 20. Reloading my most recent save, and changing the timescale temporarily back to the default (20), allowed this ghost scene to properly complete itself, permitting the quest to proceed. If you encounter this bug on PC, check your timescale settings, could be what causes this bug. MsViolet (talk) 23:53, 20 April 2014 (GMT)
Faleen and Calcelmo bug
So basically all of Markarth is bugged for me (even the murder didn't happen when I got there for the first time), and I'm on the xbox 360. However, the "deliver Faleen's letter" point won't mark itself as completed, probably because they won't talk to each other. I've tried waiting for 24 hours (about 4 times now), going back through my saved files and trying again, and just talking to the two of them over and over to get them to talk to each other. I dunno, I thought it would work. But Calcelmo gives me different speech options as he normally would. Also, this is before choosing a side in the war, so they are still in Markarth. Oh, and they're standing right in front of each other (he took the note).
Any suggestions on what to do?
I have the amulet of Mara on, but Fenrig isn't appearing. I've tried loading a previous save, fast travelling, even taking the amulet off and putting it back on. My quest marker only points to Fenrig's iron sword and shield. I'm playing on Xbox, is there a way to fix this? Anastasia0812 (talk) 03:09, 21 March 2014 (GMT)
Reference to A View From The Bridge
Might the Fastred section of this quest be a reference to Miller's A View From the Bridge? 18.104.22.168 20:40, 1 March 2015 (GMT)