Skyrim talk:Glitches/Archive 3
|This is an archive of past Skyrim talk:Glitches discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page, except for maintenance such as updating links.|
- 1 The Incredible Shrinking Dovakiin
- 2 Doorbar glitch
- 3 Freaky charecter.
- 4 Nobody dies!
- 5 Overencumbered transportation
- 6 Placed a couple of feet off when entering a new area
- 7 Follower walking slowly with weapon, magic or bow readied but not attacking
- 8 Shield Duplication with Mannequin
- 9 items wont stay in whiterun house
- 10 Nobody moves
- 11 Oghma Infinium glitch fixed?
- 12 invisible dragons
- 13 skyrim tending the flames glitch
- 14 Dwemer Museum Key - Insane Numbers
- 15 Random NPCs swarming in my house
- 16 Arrow Quiver Glitch PC (Sometimes)
- 17 Brotherhood screen glitch
- 18 Game breaking glitches
- 19 Map pointers sometimes direct me to the middle of nowhere (Moved to New Section)
The Incredible Shrinking Dovakiin
I've been playing a Dunmer for some time now, and it appears that my character has shrunk drastically. He's at level 32, and a full head shorter than other Dark Elves. Sadly, this seems to have happened so slowly and imperceptibly that I can't say for certain when the process began, nor what may have caused it. Heck, maybe the change was actually sudden, and I only just noticed. I'm on XBox, so there's no way I can actually reverse it, but I'd still like to know if anyone else has had this problem.
--AncientAyleidTheory 10:57, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- Try to tranform into a werewolf, maybe the character will return normal.
- Another thing that seems to fix this sort of glitches is, during the main quest, watching the battle against Alduin in the past, using the Elder Scroll. Cridus 11:23, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
For PC 1. In 3rd person, bring up console [~] 2. Click on your character with the mouse cursor 3. In the console type: setscale 1 4. Say abracadabra and press [Enter] Sorry i don't know anything about XBox
On some occasions I have been able to open a door which is barred from the other side. Once this glitch happens the door can be opened and closed repeatedly from both sides.
The "this door is barred from the other side" message still appears every time you open/close the door The bar itself stays down and cannot be moved even if you close the door The bar has to be jumped over to pass it.
The glitch does not repeat in the same place if you reload.
i did Hircine's quest and got his ring, then i did the companions quest and got th wearwolf ability. the first time i turneed into a Wolf, my head as stuck in place. so if i moved my head would stretch. Next i did the Potema quest in solitude, and now my head falls off my body and rolls away from me! WTH!!! So i just ignored it, it didn't change anything, but when i went to blackreach for the Crimson Nirnroot quest, i turned into a dwarven centurion, kinda. i have four jets of steam venting from my body, and i can see an invisible centiuon around me, as if i'm inside it. then i went through Shalidor's maze, and now my player's invisible. though none of these affect the game, it's still annoying. i'm on Pc
- Go read the last "post" of the "smoke glitch" section. I found a solution (too bad if you already finished the main quest). Cridus 11:31, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
After the most recent update, I got on my Skyrim character and played as I normally would I broke into a house and stole some food for myself, and a few valuable trinkets, but ended up being caught! I didn't escape before the guards came so I decided to fight for my life, throughout the fight I "killed" many people, but they all just got up and kept fighting, even guards! I reloaded the save and tried attacking them again, same result. Then I tried a chicken, it died.
- Where did this happen? They could have been essential. --Velyanthe 02:23, 8 February 2012 (UTC)
- Guards would never be flagged essential, though. Not even quest necessary ones. 126.96.36.199 11:26, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that when overencumbered and on a horse I can fast travel yet cannot when off of the horse. I went from about halfway between Solitude and it's nearest Stormcloak camp, to Morthal. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 23:30 on 10 February 2012
- That isn't a glitch. That's a game mechanic. Also, please sign your post with 4 tildes (~~~~). ?• JATalk 23:34, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
Placed a couple of feet off when entering a new area
Whenever I enter a building/cave/city I start a few feet more than usual from the exit (ie when I enter the Riverwood trader I end up by the fireplace) — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:24 on 12 February 2012
- That sounds like a one-off, as nobody else has mentioned that sort of issue, so it's not something we'd put on the page. – Robin Hood↝talk 03:05, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
Follower walking slowly with weapon, magic or bow readied but not attacking
Sometimes a follower will act as if they are holding an invisible two handed sword or are about to fire an arrow or cast a spell but will take no action. This may happen regardless of reloading saves or restarting the game. There is no known fix except to remove Skyrim, install it again and start over. — Unsigned comment by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 02:06 on 14 February 2012
- Clicking the NPC and typing "recycleactor" (without quotation marks) has solved this issue for me. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 03:38 on 28 February 2012
Shield Duplication with Mannequin
I've been trying to figure out how to get my mannequins to stop duplicating armor, and I think I found a way to duplicate shields on mannequins.
1. Find the Shield you want to duplicate. 2. Activate mannequin 3. Remove all mannequin's items and back out of menu. 4. Activate and close out of the mannequins menu a few times without placing anything on it. 5. Activate mannequin again and put all the equipment that was on the mannequin back and place the shield as well. 6. Back out of mannequin menu. Mannequin SHOULD be wearing what usually gets duplicated and the shield. 7. Activate mannequin menu again and remove everything. Back out of menu again. 8. Follow steps to duplicate items and include shield with all other items. A. Place all items to duplicate on mannequin. WITHOUT closing menu, take all items off mannequin (or just one set of armor if you want to duplicate only the Shield, see multiple sets below). B. Exit mannequin menu and equip all items to be duplicated. C. Leave house. Wait 10-15 seconds outside house (don't ask me why, but I got better results waiting outside the house for a little while) D. Enter house and look at Mannequin holding duplicated shield.
If you don't want another set of armor floating around, take a duplicate set of the armor the mannequin (in addition to the mannequin's set) is wearing into your inventory when you go to duplicate your items. So, when I duplicated, I put 2 of everything but the shield on mannequin and just removed one set and the shield.
If this does not work, try repeating A & B a few times before leaving the house. Just unequip the items before doing part A if you are using multiple sets (see below) and remove all items from mannequin until your last time to do A & B.
Speaking of which.... Has anyone got the mannequins to stop duplicating armor? Been trying to get him to stop all night and ended up finding a way to duplicate shields. =(
On the 360 I stumbled acrossed a way that stopped the mannequins from duplicating in the Riften house. I couldn't decide where to put the five sets of dragon scale armor that I had forged so on a whim I decided to put them all on the manneguin in the right corner. I went back to the Riften house after completing the Dark brotherhood quest (Hail Sithis). I went to the mannequin on the right and took all five sets of the dragon scale armor and since then none of the mannequin's in any of my houses duplicate armor. I do not think that completing the Dark Brotherhood quest had any impact on stopping the duplicating but i have tried this in four of my other saved games and the outcome has been the same. I play on the 360 console and I have the latest update 22.214.171.124 15:32, 16 February 2012 (UTC) Dragomir
items wont stay in whiterun house
Hi, I'm an owner of a ps3 and I bought the house in whiterun every few times I get on it all of the storage chests reset and i lose all of my stuff. Please help.
- Apparantly it is a known glitch, if you leave stuff on tables etc. they will stay. Most of the other houses work perfectly so you could try buying a different house. You could also get Lydia to carry it for you and leave her in your house. RIM 21:59, 14 February 2012 (UTC)
For some reason a glitch that i have encountered is that no one moves. You can walk around normally but everyone else stays completely still.The only way i can get other people to move is by waiting and they gets seriously annoying because im trying to shadow Gulum-Ei. If this has happened to any of you i would like to know and also a fix would be appreciated.
Oghma Infinium glitch fixed?
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't get the Oghma Infinium glitch to work. I open a chest in my Dawnstar Sanctuary bedroom, I read the Infinium in my inventory, select my path, then I place it in the chest, take it back out, read the Infinium again, and it does nothing. The menu for getting my reward doesn't come up. I can't get it to activate a second time. I have the current version of Skyrim for the 360. I don't see anything regarding it in the patch notes, but at the same time the glitch doesn't seem to work as described.--126.96.36.199 04:31, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
With the new patch I had not been able to get the glitch to work either, but the is another way to do the glitch. Go to a bookshelf that you own open up the menue to store books in it. with the menue still open use the oghma infinium after using it do not close the menue keep it open and push X on the book to store it. The oghma will appear on the bookshelf then or when you close the menue. Then dont open the menue but click on the book to read it chose don't read it. then pick it up in your inventory. once again click on the bookshelf to open the menue to store books. And repeat. 188.8.131.52 23:15, 26 February 2012 (UTC) Dragomir
after recently playing skyrim after the 1.4 patch i went to see delphine to initiate a member to go kill some dragons but when going to to the dragons lair the dragon was not there and the quest arrow was pointing at an invisible force id mid air please can any1 tell me if there is anything I can do to sort this please BETHESDA SORT IT OUT! BLOOMING HELL ITS BEEN OUT FOR AGES!
skyrim tending the flames glitch
the rotating doors after the gost opens the magicly sealed door wont revolve and i have no previous saves how do i fix this problem? — Unsigned comment by CoMa00400 (talk • contribs) at 07:36 on 19 February 2012 (UTC)
Dwemer Museum Key - Insane Numbers
(360) Last week, I noticed that my game was running very slowly. Upon starting it up, it would take 10-12 minutes to start, and once it finally started, opening any container would take 5+ seconds. Turns out I had 16,300 Dwemer Museum Keys. So I go to Helgen, kill a Bandit, and dump most of the keys on its corpse. The very next day, it's happening again. This time, I had 32,000 keys. So I simply find another corpse, dump the keys, and go on. So tonight, I go to play again, but it was loading for about 15 minutes before I turned it off out of frustration. Evidently, it happened AGAIN. Solutions? Ideas? Comments? — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:25 on 21 February 2012 (UTC)
Happend to me to. I just got rid of the key for good. Also happend to me with the "Beware The Butcher" paper from the quest blood on the ice. The best solution is to just get rid of all copies of the key. Don't carry any copies of the key in your character's inventory.
Random NPCs swarming in my house
(PC) Shortly after buying Breezehome in Whiterun, I get this problem of twenty or so NPCs from all over Skyrim appearing in my house. A few leave almost as soon as they arrive, but the rest start going on about their business as if they were in an inn or at home, eating my food and activating stuff. I'm all for having guests in the house, but not when they pop in uninvited and in such numbers they block the entire lower level. Is there a way of making them go home, or should I just use another house? I really don't want to reinstall the whole game. I tried validating the game cache, but it did nothing.
Try using console commands to move them somewhere else.
Arrow Quiver Glitch PC (Sometimes)
I have found a glitch that seems to happen at random with arrow quivers. Sometimes when you sell off a bunch of arrows to a vendor and then go into 3rd person point of view to look at your character the quiver will still be on your back. I ran a test on this and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the type of arrow or whether you have them equipped or not when you sell them to a vendor. It just seems to happen at random. I've also have noticed that when you loot an NPC that has arrows on them the quiver remains on the corpse but not every time. So again this issue seems to be a random glitch. The best way to fix it until a patch is made is to buy some more arrows and equip them then unequip them. I tested this and it fixed the problem. Anyways, that is all. Blade and Bone - Speak To Me 13:44, 25 February 2012 (UTC)
Brotherhood screen glitch
Hi, Everytime i play Skyrim and join the dark brotherhood, on a certain quest (after the imperials burn the place) i have to talk to Astrid. But everytime my screen stuffs up. I dont know if its a screen tear but i really wanna finish the dark brotherhood for once......any ideas?
- Clarify "stuffs up". What does your screen do exactly? How long does it last, does it eventually return to normal or do you have to reset the game? What do you hear / see? Can you move around? GodRaine 220.127.116.11 PC 02:15, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
Game breaking glitches
I've bumped into the Most annoying glitches on the X-Box 360 At low levels I can explore the world of Skyrim, and the game works fine, but once I hit level 30 I've encountered the following glitches: I can't enter a new hold without fast traveling
In beast form, I can't enter caves, cities, or a new hold, because the game crashes when I do.
I can't enter the blue palace, understone keep, riften jail, of dragonsreach because the game crashes when I do,
I can't start a dragon hunting quest with Farkas because the dragon at mount anthor isn't there.
I can't start the quest "under new management in the thieve's guild.
Shadowmere literally FLEW away.
Certain caves and the bards college are missing cells, so I always end up falling through the floor, getting stuck in a cave or fort, or not being able to explore the rest of the cave.
Important NPC's disappear whenever I start a quest.
It takes a really long Time for the game to save.
When activating the beast form power, or the ring of hircine power, my character can get stuck in a mid-transformation mode.
I still have days as a vampire in my general stats menu.
I can't enter certain places or areas because the game freezes.
I can't go to the city of Falkreath without the game freezing.
I can't go to or anywhere near Morthal or the game freezes.
- Are you playing on PC? If so, do you have any mods? The bug that you have with "days as a vampire" still being counted is common, but the rest aren't as common. --Velyanthe 00:41, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
No, I have the Xbox 360. I don't know if I'm the only person experiencing these bugs, but it happens to every new character I make when it comes to hitting the higher lives like 30 - 40. And it can't be caused by modding, because I can't mod any games on the Xbox 360. I'm not sure what is going on. The disk is scratch free, and the Xbox 360 works perfectly with other games.
I am having very similar problems on my Xbox 360, too. My character is maxed at Level 81. I can't seem to walk anywhere in southern Skyrim without the game crashing. The same goes for Hjaalmarch hold. So far, the game has not crashed in the other holds.
I also can't enter Understone Keep and certain Draugr tombs without the same effect. I'm sure there are other locations I have not had the "pleasure" experiencing yet.
I called Bethesda, and the man I spoke to believes these game crashes might have to do with corrupted saves - some of the game information "scatters" and is unrecoverable when a save corrupts. Apparently, this corruption transfers to future saves. Why these files corrupt, though, is beyond me.
I wish there was a way for Bethesda to fix these saves. Do I really have to go back to Level 1?!
- Do you have any of the patches? I had some of these glitches occasionally before 1.3, the horse flying issue still occurs as of 1.4 but is rare and clearing the cache fixes it for a while. Usually the flying horse just crashes down dead a few hundred yards away. My suggestions would be to unfortunately yes delete all your Skyrim data, clear the cache, get any patches you do not have as of yet, and then after putting the disc in, turn off the system and restart it making sure to hold down the A button until the Bethesda screen to reset the graphics cache (Microsoft had me do this once and it helped.) This should hopefully fix most of your issues. Sorry about having to start over though, but it can be fun (I do it once or twice a month rofl) Lord EydvarTalk 02:34, 5 March 2012 (UTC)
I have all the patches, and I already made a new character. I'm not sure what console your suggestion is for, because I have the x box, and I don't know if your suggestion will delete saves from other games.
- My suggestion is for Xbox360 as thats the only console I have Skyrim for. What you may want to try as I was saying is go into memory, find the skyrim file folder and delete it. This will remove all Skyrim data without removing achievements or deleting anything not related to skyrim. You will then want to go back to the main memory page, click Y while highlighting the harddrive and select clear system cache from the options. This may delete patches for some other games but won't hurt any saved data and you can just redownload the patches for those games as well as skyrim. Then start a new file in skyrim. If this doesn't fix it I've got no clue what it causing your problem unless your disc is damaged. Lord EydvarTalk 17:49, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
How do I re-download any missing Skyrim patches? I'm going to try your suggestion, but I need info on getting any deleted patches back.
- As long as your console is connected to the internet when you turn it on it will let you know that there are patches available and ask you to download them. Lord EydvarTalk 00:23, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Map pointers sometimes direct me to the middle of nowhere (Moved to New Section)
- Can you give more detailed information? Do you mean the "compass," the horizontal bar at the top of the screen when you are playing? Do you mean on the map when it's open? Things might be simpler if you open your journal (PC: "J"; Xbox & PS3: Start) and look at your quests tab. Notice which quests are "active." If there is more than one quest active, then "de-activate" any quests that you are not currently working on. Make sure that you look under "miscellaneous" on the quests tab and notice which are toggled as active. Otherwise, you might get better help if you can describe your problem more specifically: Let us know which quest(s) you currently have open, what your current objective is, and what you are seeing that suggests that a pointer is directing you to "nowhere." --JRTalk E-mail 01:18, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
|Prev: Archive 2||Up: Skyrim talk:Glitches||Next: Archive 4|