Skyrim:The Dwarven Horse
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Activate the Broken Dwarven Horse outside Runoff Caverns.
- Enter the Autumn's Bells section of the dungeon.
- Locate the Horse Right Front Leg next to the dead mercenary in the entrance hallway.
- Locate the Horse Left Back Leg in the main chamber, near the field of White Molded Wheat.
- Cross the bridge in the main chamber and locate the Horse Right Back Leg between the fields of Sickly Green Wheat and Orange-Encrusted Wheat.
- Locate the Horse Left Front Leg up on a pedestal along the southern wall of the main chamber.
- Place harvested samples of the six special wheat varieties in the depositors to open the chamber containing the Conduit Control Gem and grab the Horse Head found within.
- Return outside and activate the broken horse to obtain your own Dwarven Horse mount.
A Broken Horse
Unlike most quests added by Creation Club, this one does not automatically begin upon installing Forgotten Seasons. Instead, you must travel to the entrance of Runoff Caverns, which will already be marked on your map. Outside, you will find a "Broken Dwarven Horse", a metallic Dwarven torso lying partially submerged in a stream. Activate this object to begin the quest, which will task you with assembling the pieces to reconstruct this strange equine construct.
All of the parts can be found in the Autumn's Bells section of Runoff Caverns, which is found deep inside, within the Dwarven ruins of Vardnknd. You will need to traverse the entirety of the Runoff Caverns section of the dungeon to reach the hub area at Vardnknd Gallery. The entrance to Autumn's Bells can be found in this central chamber.
Exploring the Ruins
All of the Dwarven items needed to reconstruct the horse are zero weight due to being quest items, so you needn't worry about getting them back out of the ruins. They will not be marked on your map until you get close, meaning you may need to scour the area to find them all. You will need to locate five in total:
- The first part of the horse is easy to find: it is the Horse Right Front Leg, and can be found next to the dead mercenary in the entrance hallway of Autumn's Bells. You will likely come across this mercenary while completing the Forgotten Seasons quest.
- The Horse Left Back Leg can be found in the main chamber, near the field of White Molded Wheat. It is on the east side of the collapsed tower (behind a chest).
- The Horse Right Back Leg is on the other side of the main chamber, which will necessitate crossing the bridge in the center. It can be found under a collapsed building to the south from the Sickly Green Wheat.
- The Horse Left Front Leg can be found up on a pedestal along the southern wall of the main chamber.
- The final piece of the horse will necessitate completing the Autumn's Bells puzzle. This can be done by harvesting samples of the six special wheat varieties found growing in the chamber and placing them in the depositors located back near the field of Glowing Red Wheat. Once all six wheat varieties have been deposited, the chamber containing the Conduit Control Gem will be unlocked and the Horse Head can be found sitting on a pile of gold within.
With all five pieces assembled, you can return to the surface and activate the broken torso once again. Doing so will create a functioning Dwarven Horse, which can be ridden as a mount. It takes no damage whatsoever, meaning you can stay mounted on it and avoid all harm.
|The Dwarven Horse (DLCDwarvenPuzzleDungeonHorseQuest)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|1||I've found parts for what appears to be a Dwarven Horse. However, several pieces are missing from the set. Perhaps I can find the missing pieces somewhere nearby.
Objective 1: Recover the head of the Dwarven Horse
Objective 2: Recover the right front leg of the Dwarven Horse
Objective 3: Recover the left front leg of the Dwarven Horse
Objective 4: Recover the right back leg of the Dwarven Horse
Objective 5: Recover the left back leg of the Dwarven Horse
|2||I have found all the pieces of the Dwarven Horse and can now rebuild it.
Objective 6: Return all the pieces to the Dwarven Horse's frame
|3||I found the intact remains of a Dwarven Horse. However, several pieces were missing from the set. After investigating the ruins of Vardnknd, I was able to find the pieces and reassemble the horse.|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0.