Skyrim:Rings of Blood Magic
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak with Feran Sadri.
- Find the two rings.
- Report back to Feran.
Speak with Feran Sadri in Volkihar Keep, who sends you to retrieve two ancient vampiric rings, the Ring of the Erudite and the Ring of The Beast. The rings are held by two leveled targets in two random locations. After retrieving the rings, return to the castle to receive your reward (you get to keep the rings).
- If a previously slain enemy is chosen as a bearer of one of the rings, or a previously cleared dungeon is chosen as the destination, it may be impossible to complete as the body may have disappeared, meaning the ring cannot be obtained.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.1.1 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
- Reload a save made before receiving the mission from Feran Sadri, and then initiate the quest again to be assigned different ring locations.
- Add the missing ring via console to the inventory
player.addItem ITEM_ID 1(where
ITEM_IDcan be looked up like this: help "Ring of the Beast"). Advance the quest stage via console. Try stages 10, 110, 120 (e.g. command
setstage DLC1RV08 110). If this works as intended and both rings are in your possession, you should be able to report back to Feran.
- The location given for finding one of the rings may be the Katariah. The ship does not arrive until the Hail Sithis quest, rendering the ring unattainable until you have reached that point of the Dark Brotherhood questline. Thus if you choose to destroy the Dark Brotherhood, the ring becomes unattainable.
- This bug is fixed by version 1.2 of the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.
- Sometimes the random leveled NPC chosen to hold the ring will be an essential character. In this case, the only way to obtain the ring is to pickpocket it from them.
- This bug is fixed by version 2.0.5 of the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.
|Rings of Blood Magic (DLC1RV08)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||Feran Sadri has sent me to retrieve the Rings of Blood Magic.
Objective 110: Retrieve the Ring of The Beast from <Alias=Location1>
Objective 120: Retrieve the Ring of the Erudite from <Alias=Location2>
Objective 200: Return to Feran Sadri
|255||I have retrieved the Rings of Blood Magic.|
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 110, 120.