The Psijic Order is a mysterious and ancient order of powerful mages based on the Isle of Artaeum. One of their number used to advise the Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, but the order and their headquarters have not been seen for over a century. The Psijic Order is considered by the Thalmor to be rivals to their power and potential threats since they will not allow themselves to be controlled by the Thalmor. For historical information on the order, see the lore article.
Throughout the quests given by the College of Winterhold, in which the Eye of Magnus acts as a plot device, a monk of the Psijic Order named Quaranir constantly warns the player that the device is not something the world is prepared for and that it is the player's sole responsibility to prevent anyone channeling powers from the eye at all costs. Their intentions for, as well as their connection with, the Eye of Magnus remains unknown.
The extent of the Order's power is unknown, but members have been shown to be capable of either slowing or stopping time entirely as well as a form of teleportation, though the former ability was said by Quaranir to require great effort on the mage's part and could not be performed for very long. All members of the Psijic Order seen in Skyrim wear their unique eponymous robes, which cannot be obtained legitimately.
- Under Saarthal: Uncover the mysteries beneath this ancient ruin.
- Good Intentions: Find and consult the Augur of Dunlain.
- Revealing the Unseen: Learn the location of the Staff of Magnus.
- The Eye of Magnus: Reclaim the College and contain the Eye.
- The Order's name is spelled 'Psijic' in subtitles and in-game texts but is spelled 'Psiijic' in the game's item files (viewable with the Creation Kit). This discrepancy is normally never viewable in-game, as the Order's robes, gloves, boots, and hood are not obtainable without console commands.