|Home Town||Skaal Village|
|House||Baldor Iron-Shaper's House|
|Faction(s)||DLC2PillarBuilderFaction; DLC2SkaalBlacksmith; JobMerchantFaction; Actors in this will never fill world interaction aliases; DLC2SkaalDialogueFaction; DLC2SkaalVillageCitizenFaction; DLC2SVBaldorIronShapersHouseFaction|
A New Source of Stalhrim
When you enter the lodge you can hear him shouting:
- "Please, someone, help me!"
- "Help! Somebody!"
- "I have been taken against my will! I am in need of rescue!"
When spoken to directly:
- "Outsider! I remember you. You're the one who freed the Skaal from the dark spell. Thank the All-Maker that you have come. These accursed elves have taken me from my home."
- Are you hurt badly? Do you need healing?
- "No, no, my wounds are not serious. I don't think the elves were trying to harm me. Perhaps they intended to frighten me. At worst, I have a few bruises to show for my ordeal."
- Why would the Thalmor abduct you?
- "I do not know this word Thalmor, but if you mean the elves, they were trying to learn the secrets of forging Stalhrim. Their leader, an elf named Ancarion, has a map. He says that it shows the location of a hidden source of Stalhrim."
- Stalhrim? What's that?
- "Enchanted ice as hard as iron and cold as death. Stalhrim can be forged into deadly weapons, but the art is known only to the smiths of the Skaal."
- Where can I find this Ancarion?
- "They have a ship. They took me there and showed me the map. You will find it on the northern coast of the island. Please, do not let Ancarion make his weapons. Kill him or let him live, but take the map from him. It belongs with the Skaal. I will return to the village. When you have the map, please bring it to me there. And thank you. May the All-Maker bless your days."
If spoken to whilst he is walking back to the village:
- "I can't speak now, friend. I must return home."
Once you return with the map:
- "It is good to see you again, my friend. Did you find the elves at their ship?"
- Yes, and I've brought you the map to the Stalhrim source.
- "I know you faced great danger to bring this map to me. There are no words to tell how glad my heart is. Thank you. I name you friend of the Skaal, and I will trust you with the knowledge of forging Stalhrim. If you bring Stalhrim here to my forge, you can use my tools to make what you will from it. Until our next meeting, Skaal-friend, may your hunts always bring you game and your crops grow tall and bountiful."
His greetings can be:
- "I fear to think what would have happened if you hadn't saved me from the elves."
- "The weapons of the Skaal will never be dull as long as Baldor Iron-Shaper tends the forge."
- "There have been many strangers in our lands these past few moons."
- "We call you a friend, but you must still respect our ways."
- "The Dark Elves sometimes visit our village, though it's been awhile since I've seen one."
He can be asked questions:
- Tell me about forging Stalhlrim.
- "Well, first you'll need to obtain some Stalhrim, of course, and then you'll need to work it."
- Where can I obtain Stalhrim?
- 'You can find some in Raven Rock Mine, as well as that new source of Stalhrim on the map you recovered from the elves. Just be sure to bring an ancient Nord pickaxe with you. It's the only pickaxe that can mine the Stalhrim properly without breaking it."
- Once I've got Stalhrim, how do I forge it into something useful?
- "With skill and patience. It's very much like working ebony. Yes... I'd say if you know how to forge ebony, then you know everything you need to know in order to forge Stalhrim."
When exiting conversation:
- "Strong steel guard you, friend."
- "Farewell, strong one."
Baldor may have some random conversations with his apprentice Morwen:
Baldor: "We're nearly out of coal again."
Morwen: "I could travel to Raven Rock and purchase some more."
Baldor: "True, but I think that Edla would be hurt if you didn't give her the chance to trade for it first."
Baldor: "You know how happy it makes her to play the village peddler."
Morwen: "You speak the truth, Baldor. It makes my heart glad to see her keeping busy after Heifnir's death."
Morwen: "Very well, I'll ask Edla to trade for some coal."
Morwen: "Why have you never taken a wife, Baldor?"
Baldor: "Because I already have a wife, and I wouldn't want to make her jealous."
Morwen: "Oh? And what is her name, this secret wife of yours?"
Baldor: "Her name is forge. Now be silent before she hears you and becomes angry."
Morwen: "It's tradition that the son of the smith takes his father's place, but you have no son. Who will become smith of the Skaal after you."
Baldor: "All-Maker willing, young Nikulas will take an interest. I would be happy to teach him."
Morwen: "Nikulas is restless. He's like an eagle, always seeking to fly somewhere new."
Morwen: "I do not think he has the patience to work the forge."
Baldor: "Well, Deor and Yrsa are still young. In time, I'm sure that they will have many children."
Baldor: "Perhaps one of them will want to learn the ways of iron-shaping."
- While Baldor is a blacksmith and is in appropriate merchant and citizen/resident factions, he has a combat class (CNAM) record of EncClassDremoraMelee "Dremora" [CLAS:00017008].