Shivering: Fork of Horripilation
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Charge/Cost = Uses||0|
- After you complete the quest, the fork will remain a quest item if you give it to Big Head, meaning it will remain in your inventory if you kill or steal the fork from him. If you kill Big Head before starting the quest and encounter the fork, it will no longer be a quest item and will be able to be picked up. This will however lock you out of Big Head's quest rewards.
- The fork was encountered previously in Morrowind, where it was a quest item in Sheogorath's Quest.
- It is possible for a Heretic at the camp to pick up the Fork of Horripilation.
- Though the fork is of Daedric origin, it cannot be given to Martin in the quest Blood of the Daedra.
- The name comes from horripilation, which means to have goose bumps.
- The fork's Stunted Magicka effect which becomes active when the fork is equipped can be removed by enchanting it at the Chironasium at the Arcane University if Big Head is killed before the quest starts which will remove the quest item flag from the fork. If you return the fork to Big Head, it will remain flagged as a quest item and be unavailable for enchantment.