Sister Safia is a Redguard member of the Spirit Wardens found at the Pariah Abbey. Before the attack, she was to be married with Count Hosni at-Tura, a noble of the Wayrest court and the leader of the Midnight Union.
- Fire in the Fields: Help extinguish the fires in the fields at Pariah Abbey.
- Azura's Guardian: Look for the Spirit Wardens that went to investigate the Cave of Dreams.
Fire in the Fields
- "I don't understand how this could be happening ... we have no feud with the Midnight Union!
- Why would they suddenly come here and destroy the Abbey? It doesn't make any sense."
- Is there anything I can do to help?
- "Certainly! The bandits set everything on fire! The whole place is going up in smoke, and they're preventing us from putting the fires out!
- "We weren't prepared to fight. If you'll help extinguish the flames, it would be a tremendous favor."
- How do I put the fires out?
- "Take this bucket! If you can get to the well and fill it... I don't know any other way.
- The larger fire may not be so easy—just focus on the smaller fires first."
- I'll put out whatever fires I can.
After starting the Fire in the Fields quest:
- "I appreciate your assistance, but I would not want you to think of the Spirit Wardens as helpless.
- We are a capable lot, but to be attacked out if nowhere like , and by the Midnight Union...we were just caught off guard."
- Who are the Midnight Union?
- "Smugglers, mostly, and gamblers—even petty thieves. But they've never been ruffians before now. They almost killed Brother Roland!
- I thought I knew them. Why attack the Abbey? Why?"
When the smaller fires have been extinguished:
- "I can see that many of the smaller fires have been extinguished. Thank you for volunteering to help us."
- Yes, I put out many of the small fires.
- "Thanks for pitching in. I think we've saved enough of crops to make it through the winter.
- But why did this happen? What's it all about?"
- "I hesitate to ask you for further assistance, but if you're willing, your help would certainly be appreciated.
- Our leader, Abbot Durak, left some time ago and hasn't returned. I fear he may be injured...or worse.
- Where did he go?
- "Abbot Durak and a few others went to the Cave of Dreams on the north ridge. Durak wanted to get something to help put out the fires.
- Brother Hakam went after them with a Scroll of Returnm to help them get back sooner. Now I worry about Hakam, too."
- Do you want me to look for Hakam or Durak?
- Both, but look for Brother Hakam first.
- With the scroll of return, you can get Abbot Durak back here sooner, where I hope he'll be able to put out that big fire."
- I'll find them both and get as soon as possible
After starting to search for Hakam and Abbot Durak:
- "Brother Hakam and I were novices together. How will I get on without him?
- Of course, returning Abbot Durak here is of even greater importance. I'm sorry to burden you with our troubles, but we're in dire need."
When the large fire has been put out:
- "You put out the fire! Maybe this situation is about to start turning around."
A memory of Hosni breaking his engagement off from Safia can be found within Hosni's dream:
- Count Hosni at-Tura:"There is another woman. You can't compare to her. It's over."
- Sister Safia:"Oh, Hosni! How can you be so cruel?"
- Count Hosni at-Tura:"Cruel? Now that I see you clearly, it's a wonder I'm so lenient. Begone."
- "You know, I was thinking. If Vaermina's Omens were really driving people mad, does that mean they weren't responsible for their decisions?"
- Never mind——don't answer that."