Hraelgar Stonecrush is a Nord soldier of the Ebonheart Pact found at their camp in the city of Ebonheart. You'll find him west of the main gate outside the city under a large tent. He, like most of his countrymen, is not happy being in Dark Elf lands and is reluctant to help fight against the Daggerfall Covenant, unless you can convince him otherwise.
- A Bit of Sport: Impress Nord sawyers by fighting them drunk.
Quest Related Events
- "What brings you to this gods-forsaken Dark Elf dung hole? The beer in this land is fit only for pigs. Good thing we brought our own.
Have the Elves asked you to help beat back the Covenant yet? Bah! To Sovngarde with them."
- Were you asked to help fight Covenant soldiers?
- "Aye! The milk drinkers landed to the west at that big yellow tree thing. Now the Dres have got their skirts in a twist. 'Oh, please save us, big strong Nords!'
Fancy lads, the lot of them. They think Nords only exist to save Elven arses."
- What if the soldiers attack Ebonheart?
- "Bring them on. We don't skeever out of a fight. When we're attacked, we fight.
I wager you think we should fight for the rest of the Pact. All right! Prove they've got some backbone. Let's see you beat three of my men. And do it the Nord way."
- I will. What's the Nord way?
- "We fight drunk! We've got a keg of fine, strong mead from Riften right here. Pour yourself a mug and get to it.
Unless you're too fancy, of course."
- "You want us to help drive off the Daggers, you better prove the rest of the Pact can fight like a Nord.
Get yourself a drink, grab a weapon—or a poncy spell, if that's your preference—and duel three of my soldiers."
After finishing the challenge, he'll say:
- "Hrmph! Well, you're not half-bad, I'll give you that."
- Will you fight to defend the rest of the town?
- "I said I would. And I don't go back on my word.
I hope the rest of the Pact fights like you, not that milk-drinking Urano."
- Not like who?
- "Rhavil Urano, that Dark Elf here before you. He kept asking to buy our lumber so we'd leave town. I told him no, we had a contract to keep, but he offered to double it.
No one pays that much for wood, even good Rift spruce. What a skeever."
- Why did he want you to leave?
- "Don't know, and didn't ask. His story smelled like last week's fish. Whole time we were talking, he kept looking around for a crack to ooze through. Sweatin' like.
The boys ran him off with a few light cuffs to the head. He hasn't come back since."
- That does sound suspicious.
- "Right! Things like that, they're exactly why we keep to ourselves in the Elven lands—that and the bad food.
Anyway, you're all right. Tell that fancy Othral we'll fight. Come back and drink with us again sometime."
- "Come back anytime. The keg's got brothers.
Shh! Don't tell the locals. When we bring them across the border, they get taxed as imports. As if we'd sell good mead to the likes of them!"