The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
At the Khajiiti camp, you'll find a distressed alchemist:
- "This one cannot take it again. I can't take losing to her again, I just can't."
- What's wrong?
- "It's Aldeth! She's tricked me in the last four Boasts! She always gets the better of me. This year I want to best her, and I know just how to do it. She's obsessed with Khajiiti puzzle boxes. I saw one in Yanabir's tent …."
- What's your plan?
- "I've gotten pretty good at alchemy. If we could rig it to hit her with a simple transformation potion? No harm, just fun and fur. We'd need canis root from the base of the ruin. Oh! And Rotmeth starter from the vat in their camp. That'll do it."
- Sounds like fun.
- "Baan Dar's grace upon you, traveler! I'll be waiting for you in the Bosmer camp when you get back up here."
- Why do you keep coming to the Boast?
- "Why does Daifa return if Aldeth keeps beating me, you mean? Pah. This one apologizes. She knows that faith in the Bandit is not always easy to understand.
Just know that in crafting the prank, in trying, I show my faith to Baan Dar."
Find the items and she'll have moved to the bosmer camp:
- "You've brought the parts?"
- Yes. Here you go.
- "I'll just add this to that … there we go, all done! Baan Dar's beard, thank you! Now, if you're willing to, just run this over to Aldeth. She's right out there in the camp."
- You don't want her to know it's from you.
- "You're a smart one, you are. Get going, get going! I can't wait to see the look on her face!"
- All right, I'll give it to her.
- "You have the Trapped Riddle Box? This is going to be amazing!"
Deliver the gift and watch the fun. Return to Daifa and she'll say:
- "That worked perfectly! I can't believe it!"
- Is Aldeth all right?
- "Listen, I thought I contracted corpus from the Skeever cookies she gave me last year! She'll be fine! Thanks again, that was a great trick. I'm sure Baan Dar is well pleased."
After the quest:
- "The look on her face was priceless!"