Online:Codus ap Dugal
The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Codus ap Dugal
Kvatch Arena Master
If spoken to while not on the related quest, he will greet you with one of the following:
- "Don't jump up onto the field unless you want to become part of the act."
- "Organizing fights is the easy part. It's cleaning up after them that's murder."
- "A gladiator's life is simple. Fight and live or fight and die. Sometimes I envy that."
- "You want to get in on a fight card, just hop in the pit. I don't give billing to walk-ins."
The Roar of the Crowds
- "You want tickets, talk to the front counter. You want a refund, go jump in the sea. All sales are final."
- I want to face your best gladiator in the arena.
- "Oh, do you now? Look, if I don't know you, you aren't worth knowing. You want to earn a name worthy of being on the same card as one of our champions, get in the put and start drawing in some crowds!"
- That's it? I don't have to sign anything?
- "Find yourself in that pit and your life is property of this arena until you claw your way out. Manage that and there's a hefty purse waiting on the other side. That's the contract in full. Don't expect me to waste paper to put it to writing."
- What should I expect once I'm inside?
- "You'll face whatever I can pull together for the day's events, and even I don't often know what that'll be much in advance. Criminals, heretics, wild beasts. If you can't roll with the punches, at least leap to your grave. The crowd loves that."
- Your name sounds familiar. Any relation to Fortunata ap Dugal?
- (Before A Special Request):
- "If you're friendly with my sister, don't expect any special treatment. Fixed fights don't draw crowds. If you've got a problem with her, take it to Anvil. Nobody holds sway over the Pirate Queen, least of all me."
- (After A Special Request):
- "My sister and I were estranged long before she tumbled drunk off her balcony and went splat on the ground. This is my arena. I set the fights and make the rules. If you've got a problem with that, you can direct your complaints to the nearest bear."
Upon completing the arena:
- "Akatosh take me, I did not see that coming! You've got a future in this bloody work, mark my words."
- I'm here to claim my reward.
- "And a well-earned reward it is! I haven't seen a beating that brutal since the Spear Sisters bested the Iron Lion in nothing but their smallclothes. Here's the victory purse. I suggest you live a little before your next dance with death!"