Redguard Unity is a project that intends to port The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard to the Unity game engine. In many ways, it has similar goals to Daggerfall Unity, and aims to create a faithful recreation of the old game in a new engine, but with several modernizations and improvements.
The primary goal is to recreate Redguard as close as possible to the original in a new engine. It will require the player to own either a CD copy or the GOG version of Redguard. Redguard Unity will then import all necessairy assets from that installation. Since no code can be salvaged from the original, it will be entirely rewritten and use modern tech in its core, which should result in a few advantages over the old engine:
- Support for modern resolutions and aspect ratios at high frame rates
- Easier and more predictable player movement controller
- More responsive combat system
Aside from these, many optional enhancements are planned:
- Better Visuals (Shadows, view distance, anti aliasing, ambient occlusion)
- An alternate, more modern player control system with mouse support (Similar to current 3rd-person games, for example Tomb Raider 2013)
- Cheats (Fly mode, noclip, photo mode)
- Exploration mode after completion of the main game
- Mod support
The project is still in a very early stage of development, therefore no public builds (or any other downloads) are available at this time.